[Updated] Xiaomi Mi 9T MIUI 12 update finally rolling out for European devices (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on July 21, 2020) follows:
The Xiaomi Mi 9T also known as the Redmi K20 released with Android 9 Pie along with Xiaomi’s MIUI 11 skin. It first picked up the Android 10 update in India with MIUI 11 on top.
Soon, the update was released in other regions as well. That being said, Xiaomi recently announced it’s latest skin called MIUI 12. Since the announcement, Mi 9T users have been waiting for the update to arrive on their devices.
A few weeks ago, the Redmi K20 began receiving the stable MIUI 12 update in China followed by India. However, it was still pending for global and European units. In fact, the update was delayed for Europe due to unknown issues.
Well, the wait is finally over for users in Europe. The company has begun pushing the stable MIUI 12 update for European units of the Mi 9T. This new software comes as version V220.127.116.11.QFJEUXM and is available via an OTA package.
It brings along a ton of new features as well as a bunch of improvements over MIUI 11. Here’s the entire changelog for the stable MIUI 12 update:
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
– Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
– Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
– Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
– Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
– New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
– New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
– New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
– New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
– Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
A Mi 9T user in Europe also confirmed receiving the new update on Reddit.
While the update will soon arrive on your device if it hasn’t already, you can download it manually in case you aren’t willing to wait. Although, before proceeding, you might want to create a backup of the files on your device to avoid loss of data.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 9T
- Codename: davinci
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QFJEUXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 0bb88ea943ffa33273407031f108cc59
- Type: Recovery
With this release, the Mi 9T has picked up the stable MIUI 12 update in all the regions it’s sold in. However, there are still several Xiaomi phones that are yet to receive the MIUI 12 skin. You can view our MIUI 12 update tracker to know when it arrives on your device.
Update 1 (July 25)
It appears that Xiaomi has paused the MIUI 12 update rollout for Mi 9T Global, European, and Russian units due to a minor issue. This information was shared by a moderator on the Mi community. See the full story here.
Update 2 (July 31)
Xiaomi has now re-released the MIUI 12 update for the European Mi 9T units. The update comes as version V22.214.171.124.QFJEUXM and is based on Android 10. Here’ the full story as well as the download link for it.
Update 3 (September 11)
IST 01:05 pm: The battery drain issue on Mi 9T devices – an issue that was originally reported after the Android 10 update (with MIUI 11) – is now being called a known issue even in the MIUI 12 update. Complete coverage here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.