New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Three weeks ago, Asus rolled out the first ZenFone 5Z Android 10 update to the public beta channel, tagging along the updated ZenUI 6 skin. This came after weeks of testing the developer preview version of the OS.
A couple of weeks ago, the ZenFone 5Z picked up its second Android 10 beta update that arrived as version 100.04.44.77, up from the previous version 100.04.44.67 that arrived as the first public beta.
As you would expect, the second ZenUI 6 beta update came with a bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements as Asus moved closer to the release of the stable version.
Today, the Taiwanese company has a new ZenFone 5Z Android 10 update for those participating in the beta program.
The update is arriving as software version 100.04.44.87, another jump from the previous build number 77. Like the latter build, the new version brings bug fixes and performance improvements, only that this time the list is pretty long.
- Drop call and no signal via Bluetooth
- Can’t make any T-Mobile calls with the earpiece, only speakerphone works
- SD card no longer working with Q
- The dark theme cannot apply to camera setting
- Launcher freezes in multi-window mode
- 4G VoLTE icon slightly cut off in the status bar
- Sometimes the All Apps menu looks white washed out
- Wallpaper preview in launcher shows ZenUI 5 icons
- “Private listening” appears in Settings search results but is not available in the Advanced page
- The Phone icon in launcher doesn’t change after applying a custom theme
- There is no subscription function in wallpaper slideshow
- Selecting swipe-up gesture navigation then hide notch function failed
- Actions buttons in the battery care notification are non-functioning when Mobile Manager is disabled
- Sometimes screen unlock sound appears twice
- Dark mode is gray for the QS panel but notification still black
- Resetting app preferences in Settings may cause system reboot
With this release, Asus has now moved another step closer to rolling out the stable ZenUI 6 update to the ZenFone 5Z, although we still don’t know when the company intends to begin rolling it out.
My guess is the rollout could begin next month, especially now that the ZenFone 6 already picked up its Android 10 update. We will keep an eye on the developments and let you know when the stable update arrives.
Those, who are already into the beta program can manually install the update by downloading the below update package, rename the zip file to UL-Z01R-WW-100.04.44.87-user.zip, copy the renamed zip file into the root of the internal memory (assuming you downloaded it via a PC) and initiate system update.
- Device: Asus ZenFone 5Z
- Codename: z01r
- Channel: Global Beta
- Version: 100.04.44.87
- Android: 10
- Type: FOTA
- Download: Link
- MD5: 882790749b18ff8cb8b3f9958902507b
- Type: FOTA
Update 1 (November 18)
Asus has a new ZenFone 5Z Android 10 beta update available as the fourth version. Details here.
Update 2 (November 27)
After a series of beta builds, Asus has finally pushed the stable Android 10 update for ZenFone 5Z across the globe. The build features ZenUI 6 skin. For further details, see here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.