BREAKING: Asus Zenfone 5Z Android 10 stable update goes live with ZenUI 6 skin (Download link inside)
Asus is a popular smartphone brand when it comes to the online market alongside Xiaomi. Besides, this year the OEM tried to come up with some unique products like the Zenfone 6 that housed a rotating camera.
The brand is also trying to improve on the push of the latest security as well as firmware updates for its devices. And if you are the owner of Asus Zenfone 5Z then, this piece of news might excite you as Asus has started rolling the Android 10 stable update for the device.
Earlier, the device got a series of Android 10 based beta updates that brought in fixes for the UI elements & various system components. And today’s OTA finally serves the device with the stable Android 10 with ZenUI 6.
For specs buff, the Zenfone 5Z was launched back in June 2018 and offers specs like Snapdragon 845, 4/8 GB of RAM, a decent 3,300 mAh battery, a 6.2-inch IPS display.
In the camera department, you get a 12 MP dual camera setup at the back and an 8 MP selfie shooter. It also comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Talking about the Android 10 stable update, it carries version number 100.04.44.98 and weighs in around 1.70 GB in size. The update brings in all the cool features of Android 10. Below is the official changelog along with the screenshot of the announcement:
- Upgraded system to Android 10
- Support Google Play system update
- Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Selfie Master, Beauty Live, Kids Mode, Easy Mode, weather animation setting, AI charging, WebStorage, Go2Pay, Report Location in Safeguard, and Yandex cloud option in File Manager
- Removed the support of Twin app for “Arena of Valor, PUBG, Vainglory, and Injustice 2”
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded APN settings
- Add the APN setting of Canada Public Mobile
- Modify ASUS APN Setting
- Moved Themes and Mobile Manager to Advanced Settings
- Some 3rd party apps aren’t compatible with Android 10 yet
Keep in mind that the update is being pushed via OTA and will take some time in hitting all the units. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available.
However, you can go ahead to the below section if you wish to download the update package file and sideload it manually:
- Device: Asus Zenfone 5Z
- Codename: z01r
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: 100.04.44.98
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 57aafcbd42b702a83f84ab6a1d3b07e2
- Type: Recovery
Feel free to let us know in the comments what major changes that the update brought in for your device apart from the mentioned ones.
Note: You can check out our dedicated Asus section for reading such similar stories.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.
Talk to a JustAnswer expert if you have any related query:
DISCLAIMER: PiunikaWeb & JustAnswer are in a paid collaboration, which means a reader's successful engagement with the JustAnswer service will result in some commission being passed on to PiunikaWeb.