[Updated] OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Android 10 update beta recruitment goes live
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on Oct 17) follows:
Other OEMs are either pushing in the beta update or they are still recruiting testers for the Android 10 update. And the recent one to join the bandwagon is the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom smartphone.
Besides, the Android 10 update for regular OPPO Reno went live for early adopters in China and is also available in India. The list of features include a dark mode, new screen unlock, new shut down screen, and more.
For specs buff, the ’10x Zoom’ variant of OPPO Reno is powered by the Snapdragon 855 and is paired with 6/8GB of RAM. It sports a 6.6-inch display and runs on Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6 on top.
It houses a triple rear camera at the back along with a single camera in the front. Under the hood, it packs in a 4,065 mAh battery capacity with an under-display fingerprint scanner as well.
Coming to the announcement, the beta update will be pushed by OPPO starting October 25. The announcement also lists the steps for registration along with some important notes.
Moreover, you need to ensure that your model is PCCM00 and the mobile phone version is PCCM00_11_A.42 before upgrading.
You can check out the official announcement screenshot along with some important guidelines (translated from Chinese):
- Please update all the apps in your phone to the latest version in the OPPO software store before upgrading. Since some third-party applications are not suitable for Android 10, some third-party applications may not work properly after upgrading to this version (such as flashback, jamton, etc.), and you are advised to wait patiently for subsequent updates. Click to view a list of known unsuited Android 10 apps
- Switch the theme to the default theme before the upgrade. Some of the themes are still being adapted, which may affect the use. The subsequent versions will continue to optimize the adaptation.
- The dark mode of some applications is still being adapted, which may affect the dark mode experience, and subsequent versions will continue to optimize the adaptation.
- There are still known risks in this version. It is only used for version testing and user early adopters. It is not recommended for daily application.
- Users who have been recruited through this internal test will be upgraded directly to the early adopter and official version to obtain a more stable system experience.
- Please make sure that you have backed up important data of your mobile phone before upgrading.
How To Apply
Go to Settings – Software Update – “Set icon in the upper right corner” – click “Upgrade early adopters”
Please ensure that your model is PCCM00 before the upgrade, and the mobile version is: PCCM00_11_A.42
Below are the changes that the new Android 10 beta update will bring in:
[Dark mode] The new all-weather color scheme not only gives you a more focused and comfortable screen experience, but also saves you power.
[Focus mode] The scene mode adds a focus mode, temporarily away from the mobile phone, more focused work, and better enjoy life.
[Control Center] The pull-down notification page can display more switches to optimize the one-handed interactive experience, and the quick switch is more convenient to use.
[Camera interaction optimization] The camera interaction is newly upgraded, the operation is more intuitive, and the common function settings are more convenient.
[File Management] The file management adds the “Recent” view, and displays the files of the last 30 days in the order of the timeline. The search is more efficient, the new memory storage rights management system, and the privacy protection is more thorough.
[Cloud Disk] The cloud adds support for storing documents, videos, audio, compressed packages and other files, and important data is carried around.
[Random MAC Address] Supports random MAC address to connect to WiFi, blocks targeted advertisements, and provides more secure protection for private information such as “mobile phone number” and “consumption record”.
Note that the first batch of the beta recruitment will be limited to only 800 users. If you are were unable to get yourself enrolled in the first batch, you need to wait for the second batch for vacant positions.
Let us know in the comments below if you were successful in enrolling yourself for this beta test or not.
Update 1 (April 8, 2020)
The official stable update to Android 10 is now rolling out to the Reno 10x Zoom. Head here for more coverage.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.