OPPO Reno Android 10 update enters public trial phase in India
With the launch of Android 10, there seems to be a race among OEMs for pushing out the latest Android 10 OS updates for the devices. The latest one to join the bandwagon is OPPO.
OPPO has announced the Android 10 here in India. However, note that this will be a trial version and the users will get to experience the trial version of the Android 10 on their OPPO Reno devices.
Previously, we have covered that the Android 10 with ColorOS 6 started rolling out for the OPPO Reno devices in China. This new announcement for India seems to be in line with it.
Moreover, it was also confirmed that the ColorOS 7 is in development and will be based on the Android 10 OS. This was confirmed by the VP of OPPO, Shen Yiren, where he accidentally confirmed the existence of ColorOS 7 based on Android 10.
Prior to the confirmation, OPPO Reno started receiving the Android 10 update that brought in dark mode and all the features of the latest OS.
Talking about the announcement of the Android 10 for OPPO Reno devices in India, the beta testing aims to get information related to issues and bugs and its resolution before the stable release.
Below is the official announcement of the Android 10 Trial Version in India:
Dear ColorOS Superfans, Android 10 is here.
OPPO Reno (CPH1917)
Android 10 for ColorOS 6 Trial Version is now open for testing.
Those who are interested in experiencing Trial Version, Please apply now
The announcement also shared some guidelines and the method through which you can apply for testing the ColorOS 6 trial version based on Android 10 on your Oppo Reno device.
You can check out the official registration notice shared in the announcement, below:
Android 10 For ColorOS 6 Registration Notice:
- This Trial Version aims at functional testing and may be unstable, but user requirements can be basically met. You may encounter some bugs and are expected to report these bugs to us to help us solve these problems.
- Please update all apps on your phone to the latest version in the OPPO App Market before upgrading. Since some third-party applications are not suitable for Android 10, some third-party applications may not work properly after upgrading to this version (such as Hang, Crash, etc.), and you are advised to wait patiently for subsequent updates. Click here to view the App List.
- Switch the theme and font to the default theme before the upgrade. Some themes and fonts are still being adapted, which may affect the use. The subsequent versions will continue to optimize the adaptation.
- The dark mode of some applications is still being adapted and may affect the dark mode experience and subsequent versions will continue to optimize it.
- Make sure you have backed up all your phone’s important data before upgrading.
Moreover, below is the steps you need to follow in order to get yourself enrolled for this ColorOS 6 trial version based on Android 10 in India:
Step 1. Please update your phone to the latest official Version (CPH1917EX_11.A.12_0120_201909252249) first. If your version is higher than this version, maybe you could not detect the Trial version.
Notice: The Upgrade Plan supports OPPO Reno in India only.
Step 2. Go to “Settings – Software Updates”, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, tap “Trial Version”, fill in the information, select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”
If the application quota is full, please wait for the next round.
The announcement also shared the list of new updates as well as the recommended updates with this ColorOS 6 trial version based on Android 10:
Adds Dark Mode, a set of dark color schemes, delivers an all-new visual experience for you.
Upgrades Smart Sidebar: Improved visual design and simplified operations.
Updates the Android Security Patch version to September 5th, 2019 to enhance system security.
「Display & Brightness」
• Adds Dark Mode, a set of dark color schemes, delivers an all-new visual experience for you.
• Adds Screen-Off Clock options for personalizing your lock screen.
• Multi-Screen Interaction has been renamed Screen Cast and user instructions have been added.
• Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
• Adds Brand new system animations, animations are more rich and exquisite.
• Adds Brand new charging animation to create a visually smoother experience.
• Tap a blank area on the Recent Tasks screen to go back to the Home screen.
• Optimized sounds to pair more naturally with the UI design.
• Adds Multi-screen interactive upgrades to screencast, new instructions for use, easy to master function points.
• Restyled the launch screen with vibrant animations and dazzling visuals.
• Adds SOS Helper: Emergency contacts will receive a call once you are in danger.
• Adds an Emergency Call button on the power off-screen.
• Adds Passwords function: Encrypt all app accounts and passwords you save to Passwords. Passwords will autofill this information when you sign in to your apps.
• Adds Hide Status Bar icons for silent notifications.
• Optimized the Quick Settings interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Adds Screenrecord shortcut setting button, for fast and intuitive operation.
• Adds the Pause option in screenrecord.
• Adds Support to original keep/delete the original image after editing the screenshot.
• Adds Screenshot sound On/Off option.
• New screenshot interaction: After taking a screenshot, swipe up and release to share it, or swipe down and release to take a long screenshot.
• Adds Calculator floating window mode, floating window transparency can be adjusted, calculator interface is free to switch, the calculation is faster and more convenient.
• Adds a recent files list for you to easily browse newly added files.
• Adds new animations and restyled the layout in Weather.
• Adds Trim function in Recorder.
• Adds Simple Mode for the Home screen. App icons are displayed larger and the screen layout is simplified.
• Adds a series of new live wallpapers.
• Adds Desktop swipe down now can custom Settings for Notification Center or Global Search.
• Adds cloud services. Files and important data can be saved to the cloud for access on all devices.
• Cloud Service has been renamed HeyTap Service.
• Adds options to select where you want to display Dual Clock.
• A random MAC is provided for your phone when connected to Wi-Fi to block targeted ads and improve privacy protection.
• Adds a drawer in “Messages” that merges different functions and settings.
• Adds Contact support last name avatar display
• Optimized SIM card and data management.
• Optimized the Contacts interface for more conciseness and efficiency.
• Optimized the UI for you to easily set and use frequently used functions.
Moreover, if you wish to downgrade yourself from the Android 10 trial version, then note that all your device data will be wiped off. So, it is advised to have a complete backup of the device before downgrading from the Android 10 trial version.
Note – You can check out our OPPO Section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Oppo smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.