[Available in India] OPPO Reno Android 10 update goes live for early adopters, brings dark mode & many more goodies
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
In a world full of notched phones or devices with punch hole(s) and pop up cameras, OPPO wants to bring revolution by introducing the ‘shark-fin’ design. Indeed the implementation is nothing but a glorious mechanical camera module, but the Chinese OEM indeed gets the attention of the Android community.
Besides extraordinary development in the photography domain, the Reno lineup from OPPO also participated in the Android Q (the ‘Android 10’ moniker was not finalized then) public beta testing initiative by Google. Running almost vanilla Android on the phone was way adventurous back then.
The phone runs OPPO’s in-house ColorOS 6 skin out of the box, which is based on Pie. Recent beta software updates brought numerous new features like the cross-brand file transfer support. The OEM also whitelisted the Reno lineup for bootloader unlocking, and introduced Google CameraX support.
OPPO continues the tradition of nourishing the Reno lineup, as they just announced the soak testing of stable Android 10 update for the phone. The layer of ColorOS is still tagged as 6, but it should change in near future.
Only the Chinese edition of OPPO Reno (PCAM00) is supported under the trial at this moment, but we hope the company will soon expand the program for international units as well. Those who are on stable channel should be on PCAM00_11.A.17/18 firmware while beta users must install PCAM00ROM_11_W.10 build.
A large number of apps are still not compatible with Android 10, so OPPO decided to share a list of known problematic ones. You should also revert back to the stock ColorOS theme before installing the beta. Do backup your data before playing with potentially unstable software.
Regarding the changelog, your OPPO account will be renamed to HeyTap. There are brand new UI improvements across the whole system, as well as a system-wide dark mode (which looks exactly like Realme’s implementation).
“Display and brightness”
• Add a dark mode, immersive dark visual effects, giving you a more focused and comfortable experience
• New screen clocks support more personalized options, and interest screens are also available
• Added focus mode, temporarily off the phone, more focused work, better enjoy life, fast switching in the control center scene mode
• Add new and simple humanistic sound, comfortable and softer and more natural
• New system animations are newly upgraded, and the animation effect is more rich and delicate.
• New upgraded charging animation, more dynamic animation
• Added two-sided swipe gestures at the bottom left and right to support fast switching recent apps
• Add recent tasks to support clicking back to the desktop to return to the desktop
• New smart sidebar new upgrade, more beautiful interface and faster operation
• Newly increased screen interaction changed its name to mobile screencasting, new instructions for use, and easy to master function points
• Added SOS emergency contact intelligent customer service for help, more peace of mind throughout the day
• Add a new shutdown screen to add an emergency call button to protect your security at a critical moment
• Add a password to save the application account and password information, not to worry about forgetting the password
• Added intelligent notification management to intelligently identify notification importance, unimportant notification folding display
• Added status bar icon to hide silent notifications
• Optimized control center new upgrade, quick switch and one-hand operation is more convenient
• New game space new startup animation and interface visual effects, animation is more dynamic, the interface is more cool
• Added screen recording shortcut setting button for quicker settings and more intuitive operation
• Added screen recording support to pause recording
• Added screen capture to support original image after custom editing
• Added screenshot sound switch
• Optimize the new screen capture interaction mode, pull down the floating window and quickly share the screen, pull up the floating window and quickly take a long screen
• Add a reminder reminder that important to-do items are not forgotten
• Added checkbox display, more beautiful layout and easier operation
• Add a personalized background theme for notes, making your notes unique and making sharing unique
• Added recently deleted, accidentally deleted notes to get back faster
• Added calculator floating window mode, the floating window transparency can be adjusted, the calculation interface is free to switch, and the calculation is faster and more convenient.
• Added a list of recent files, making it easier to find new files in your phone
• Add a new weather animation to make the information more intuitive and enjoy the new experience
• Added calendar support to jump to a specified date, making it easier to find a schedule
• Added recording cropping, recording and cutting faster
• Added simple desktop mode with larger desktop icons and simpler desktop layout
• New live wallpaper support is set as lock screen wallpaper, and the lock screen interface is more vivid
• New desktop slide support custom selection global search or notification center
• Added cloud disk function, the cloud supports storing various files, and important data is carried around.
• Optimize cloud service upgrades to HeyTap cloud services
• Add a health app, work smart with you, and meet yourself better
• Add Breeno Quick News – News Portal, easy to know with lots of fresh information
• Added Breeno voice support voice search album image
• Add Breeno instructions, the “little assistant” in your life, intelligently recognize your instructions and execute them automatically, reducing repetitive operations and being more intimate
• Optimized Breeno speed display interface for lighter weight
• Add a new call note, making it easier to keep important notes on the call
• Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, blocking targeted advertising, and making private information more secure
• Add a strange number call shortcut setting, create a new contact, add a tag or add a blacklist
• New contacts support last name avatar display
• Optimize the phone book interface for a more streamlined and efficient experience
• Optimize SIM card and traffic management for better communication management
• New camera interaction new upgrade, more intuitive operation, quicker common function settings
• Optimize the co-ordinate countdown display position adjustment to avoid obscuring the face and capturing every moment
• Optimize my OPPO upgrade to my HeyTap
For further information, head over to the relevant announcement thread. Remember, there is no downgrade package available; you have to visit the service center if you want to revert back to stable Android Pie.
Update 1 (September 26)
The upcoming Android 10 based OPPO skin should be known as ColorOS 7. First gen Reno phones will definitely get the update. Realme’s strategy is still unknown. For further info, see here.
Update 2 (October 10)
OPPO has recently announced the Android 10 for ColorOS 6 trial version testing for the Indian variants of the OPPO Reno smartphone. Details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.