Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 MIUI 12 update re-released in India (Download link inside)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 is among the many devices that have received the MIUI 12 update. The Global, European, Indian, and Indonesian Redmi Note 9 variants picked the latest custom skin after the Chinese variant, known as Xiaomi Redmi 10X 4G, bagged MIUI 12 back in June.
However, the update was re-released for the Chinese Redmi Note 9 variant after a month. Also, the Global variant got the re-released MIUI 12 update back in August. Now, it seems that the Indian Redmi Note 9 variant is also getting the same treatment.
It seems that the OEM is rolling out a new MIUI 12 update to the Redmi Note 9 in India. The update might be re-released because not everyone got their hands on the MIUI 12 version 126.96.36.199.QJOINXM.
Users of the Indian Redmi Note 9 variant can grab the update version 188.8.131.52.QJOINXM as it is live over the air. Nevertheless, those who want to go for manual installation can grab the update from the download link given below.
Also, be sure to check out these workarounds in case you come across any errors while installing the MIUI 12 update on your Indian Redmi Note 9 variant. Here’s the changelog followed by the download link:
-MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
– Fix: Noise could be heard when the screen was turned off in some cases
– New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9
- Codename: merlin
- Channel: India Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.QJOINXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 5dd174679c307948423cd2b2b5de0e41
- Type: Recovery
It must be noted that users of the Redmi Note 9 have been experiencing performance issues after the MIUI 12 update and a Mi community has recently stated that the software development team is working to fix them.
That said, it is unclear whether this update brings along the performance fixes or not. So, you can let us know about the same by dropping a comment below if you have received this update on your Indian Redmi Note 9 variant.
Moreover, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker if your Xiaomi device is yet to bag the latest custom skin.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.