Oppo Reno 5G Android 10 (ColorOS 7) stable update rolling out (Download link inside)
Oppo has been busy with the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update and most of the eligible devices have already bagged it. However, Oppo Reno 5G was due to get the latest stable update in June. We reported earlier that devices including the Oppo F15, R15 and more got the beta update back in June.
The stable Android 10-based ColorOS 7 version came out for the Oppo R15, R15 Pro, and F15 later in July. Nevertheless, some devices are yet to receive the latest update and Oppo intends to remain on top of its game.
Now, the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) stable update is rolling out for Oppo Reno 5G. The new update brings major changes to the device that include the Navigation Gesture 3.0, Dark mode, and much more.
Users can grab the update version C.26 via OTA but those who want to install it manually, we’ve got you covered. Check out the complete changelog along with the download link below:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• You can now enable vibration for when you use Swipe gestures from both sides to go back to the previous screen.
• Optimised Google Assistant: When Swipe-up gestures (Back at both sides) or Swipe gestures from both sides is selected, you can call up Google Assistant by swiping inwards from either bottom corner of the screen.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for a better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and a quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• Added Dual-Band Wi-Fi for faster and trouble-free connections.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Device: Oppo Reno 5G
- Codename: CPH1921
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: CPH1921_11_C.26
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Type: Recovery
While the OEM took some time to push the update, it seems that the wait was worth it as users can finally enjoy all the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) goodies. It must be noted that Oppo R15X and Oppo K1 are also due to receive the update this month.
Nevertheless, we’ll keep tracking the status of the stable Android 10 update for Oppo devices that are yet to receive it. Meanwhile, be sure to check out our Oppo Android 10 (ColorOS 10) update tracker to know when it arrives on your device.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.