[Updated] Realme 5s & Realme 5 Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0) stable update rolling out; Realme 5i users once again left gawking
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on May 29) follows:
Realme 5s and Realme 5 users have been eagerly awaiting the release of an Android 10 build for their devices. This update has been expected for these two Realme devices for a while now.
The long wait is finally coming to a close as Realme rolls out the much-awaited Android 10 update with Realme UI 1.0 to the Realme 5s and the Realme 5. This is after a successful Beta testing phase that started in the second week of May.
The updates,(RMX1911EX_11_C.39 for the Realme 5S and RMX1911EX_11_C.39 for the Realme 5) bring a lot of the Android 10 features with Realme UI 1.0 enhancements baked in. More of the same is highlighted in the following detailed update changelog.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Added YT music
• Updated decimals display during charging
To deepen user’s perception of fast charging, it will always be displayed when your phone is charging and the screen is bright.
To recall, we recently got confirmation that this update would roll out to the Realme 5s and the Realme 5 sometime within this month of May, at least according to Realme’s roadmap to Android 10.
Another Realme 5 device, the Realme 5i was left behind for a little bit and was delayed due to some bugs. However, the Beta for this device has since rolled out and we should see the device also get a build of Android 10 in due course. For now, Realme 5i users are out of luck and they’ll have to watch as owners of the realme 5 and Realme 5S savor the new their new OS.
It is impressive to see Chinese OEMs breaking the age-old stereotype of producing half baked hardware and mediocre software. Chinese phones today rival every other device, regardless of the OEM.
We can only hope to see more developments like these in the coming years as all this builds up to a better Android ecosystem, and we all want that, don’t we?
Many thanks to Ashutosh Dubey for the tip!
Update 1 (June 1)
The stable update to Android 10 for the Realme 5i is now live. Head here for more details.
Update 2 (June 10)
The update to Android 10 for the Realme 5, 5i and 5s is now available for manual download. Head here for more details.
NOTE: We have these and many more Realme stories in our dedicated Realme section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.