[Updated] Following Realme 5 & 5s, Realme 5i Realme UI (Android 10) stable update released, early bird access opens up
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on June 1) follows:
Receiving new updates on your device has got to be one of the most exciting aspects of owning a smartphone. The fact that your smartphone is bound to get better, learn a few tricks during its lifetime is interesting, to say the least.
Recently, we saw Realme 5 and the Realme 5s get updated to Android 10-based Realme UI. This was after a successful Beta testing period that lasted for a couple of weeks.
Conspicuously missing from this list of Realme 5 devices was the Realme 5i. The development of Android 10 for this device trailed behind its siblings, thanks to a few bugs.
Today, the Realme 5i inches closer to an official public rollout of Android 10 as the company has just opened up the early bird access for Android 10 on Realme 5i. The new update for the Realme 5i has software version number RMX2030EX_11_C.45
This update also brings tons of enhancements as detailed in the following Changelog.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Added Airtel and Jio VoWiFi feature
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
As this is being rolled out as an OTA update to a limited number of Realme 5i users. It might be a while before it finally hits all relevant devices, or until we see a more widespread roll out.
Update 1 (June 10)
The update to Android 10 for the Realme 5, 5i and 5s is now available for manual download. Head here for more details.
NOTE: We have these and many more Realme stories in our dedicated Realme section. Check it out for the very latest on all things Realme.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.