[Updated] OPPO K3 ColorOS 7 (Android 10) trial update recruitment begins for early adopters on April 10
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on April 9) follows:
The first set of OPPO devices to receive the ColorOS 7 beta update back in 2019 are now receiving the stable version, among them the Reno, Reno Ace, Reno Ace Gundam Edition and Reno 10x Zoom.
In addition to the many ColorOS 7 features that OPPO has baked into the update, the software also brings a flurry of Google-inspired changes in the shape of Android 10 OS.
This is just the beginning of what is set to be a long period of rolling out software updates for the many OPPO devices currently testing the beta version of ColorOS 7. The list has the Reno2, RenoZ, F11, Find X, R17, and the A9 family of devices, among others.
Not long ago, OPPO India support confirmed that the OPPO K3 ColorOS 7 update can be expected this month, but there was no specific date. Well, that aged well because as of this writing, the OPPO K3 variant sold in China (model number PCGM00) is open to join the ColorOS 7 beta program.
The company has announced that willing owners of the device who wish to try the Android 10-based firmware ahead of others can submit their interest beginning April 10 (10 AM). Being a limited edition, only 5,000 units will be allowed, so be sure to submit your application on time.
The company says the upcoming OPPO K3 ColorOS 7 beta update will only be pushed to successful applicants running any of build A.14 or A.15 on the current ColorOS 6. If interested, follow the steps below to apply (from April 10 at 10 AM).
1. Please make sure that your mobile phone version has been upgraded to A.14 / A.15 version ;
2. Enter the system settings, click software update, click the setting button in the upper right corner;
4. Users who successfully participated in the recruitment will receive version pushes within 3 days , please be patient.
When the update arrives, expect the following changes:
· New borderless design, new upgrade, more shocking visual, more efficient operation, more natural experience
· Added OPPO Sans default font, overall concise and elegant, full of technological beauty
· Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
· Add Breeno voice, photo search function, voice search based on photo time, location, people, etc.
· Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice switchable camera mode
· Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query steps, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
· New Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatically detect nearby charging treasure merchants when low battery
· Add Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on do not disturb
· New Breeno screen, meeting schedule information recognition, can add schedule with one click
· Optimized Breeno scan, independent code scanning and object recognition, easy to evoke
· New Breeno driving, can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
· New Breeno quick view, news information module
· Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience
· Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file desk with file management, and remove three quick tools: Breeno voice, super clear visual effects, and notification do not disturb
· New shortcut tool for notes
· Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
· Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hide” setting items
· Optimize the range of floating window mode, more applications support the opening of floating window
· Added floating window bubble function, support rapid expansion / folding floating window
· Optimized three-finger screenshot, long press and slide with three fingers to select screenshot area; long press and slide to drag out the screen to quickly take a long screenshot
· New screenshot setting, you can adjust the position of preview floating window, set prompt sound, etc.
· Optimize screenshot preview floating window, pull down to share, pull up floating window for long screenshot
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
· Added swipe inward from both sides of the screen and stay to switch to the previous application
· Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
· Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one key to quickly return to the application
· Add dark color mode, power saving and eye protection
· Added focus mode to help shield the outside world from interruptions when working or studying
· Added new charging animation style
· Optimized control center interaction, more friendly one-handed operation experience
· Added screen recording pause function
· Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
· Added 360 cleanup engine
· Added global theme, the theme adds more playability
· Added global delete sound effect, calculator button sound, compass pointing sound feedback
Optimize the built-in ringtone resources
· Added barrier-free TalkBack suspension prompt
· Add barrier-free color mode to improve the experience of visually impaired users
· Added the latest task management page, including memory information switch and application lock management for recent task display
· Optimize visual interaction in game space
· Optimize the startup animation of the game space
· Optimize the interaction and outgoing mode of game assistants, and add game console connection entrance
· Added new interactive live wallpaper
· Add Art + Static Wallpaper
· Add a new desktop sliding setting item, you can customize to open the global search or notification center
· New desktop icon customization, you can customize the icon size, shape, style
· Optimize the unlocking process, switch to unlock mode
· Optimized password unlock visual, more convenient to unlock with one hand
· Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
· Optimize the style of the breath screen clock, more personalized choices
· New desktop simple mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
· Add password book function, automatically fill in the password, realize one-key login
· Added the use time of the remote guard application, you can view the application status of the bound mobile phone in the past 7 days
· New remote guardian deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
· Add a new remote guard application to set a time limit, you can set the duration of binding mobile application, limit the number of games in some games
· Added one-key navigation of remote guard, one-key navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
· Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the smart customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
· Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
· Added icon prompt in the status bar when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific called application, to prevent personal privacy disclosure
· Add permission usage record, you can view the history of application calling permissions
· Added the palace mode for sticky notes
· Newly added background settings for notes, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
· New reminder function for note time, can set reminder time for memo items
· Added the function of deleting and retrieving sticky notes. The deleted sticky notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days.
· Add calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
· New recording cutting function, which can cut the existing recording to obtain important clips
Newly added calendar supports custom setting schedule repetition period
· Added alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone, matching different ringtones according to the weather of the day
· New weather animation effect, showing different motion effects according to different weather
· New file management Add OPPO cloud disk entry, can access OPPO cloud content
· Optimize camera interaction and enhance operating experience
· Optimized photo countdown interaction and prompt sound
· Optimize the interaction of album atlas, the level is clearer, and it is more convenient to find pictures
· New album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
· Added OPPO intercommunication to support intercommunication with vivo and Xiaomi devices
· Optimize the phone book vision to bring a more concise and efficient experience
· Add a quick setting page for unfamiliar calls, add a contact with one key, add a mark or add to blacklist
· Add a deactivation period, customize the deactivation period, effectively manage the time of mobile phone use
· New application setting time limit, you can set the duration of the application, limit the number of games in some games, to prevent apps and games from indulging
· Optimized setting search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
· Add Soloop to record, understand your video intelligent creation tool
· Add health, monitor sports health data, provide health services
We will keep an eye on the availability of the OPPO K3 ColorOS 7 update in India and other markets and update this story when available.\
Update 1 (April 10)
The ColorOS 7 update in now rolling out to the Oppo K3.
Update 2 (April 12)
ColorOS 7 is now available for Oppo K3 devices in India, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam.
#ColorOS7+#Android10 Trial Version for K3 is now available in 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗮, 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗮, 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘁𝗻𝗮𝗺 with 𝟱,𝟬𝟬𝟬 𝗾𝘂𝗼𝘁𝗮𝘀, apply now!
Update 3 (April 23)
The second trial version batch for the Oppo K3 is live now. Head here for the official announcement.
Update 4 (April 30)
The stable update date to ColorOS 7 for the Oppo K3 has been revealed. Head here for more details.
Update 5 (May 1)
The ColorOS 7 update for the Oppo K3 will be rolling out on May 25. Head here for more details.
Update 6 (May 20)
The stable update to Android 10 for the Oppo K3 is now live. Head here for more coverage.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.