November update for Black Shark 2 Pro brings October patch, new language support & plenty of fixes
Xiaomi-backed OEM Black Shark has been making waves with their smartphone offerings. These gaming-centered devices come with the very latest internals and exterior designs to match gaming theme. For that, these devices have become very popular albeit limited availability.
The phones run JoyUI, which has a thin line of relationship with MIUI. However, Black Shark is little bit slow in terms of periodic software updates.
The latest phone in their portfolio, i.e. Black Shark 2 Pro, is now getting the October security patch. To be humble, the update comes a little late, considering it is early December and many phone makers are already pushing out the corresponding Android security patch update.
Unlike the usual Android security patches we see, this one packs a lot more than a change in the Security patch level. This new build, dubbed as November update, brings a ton of new features with it. The following is the changelog:
1. Update Google Security Patch to 2019-10-05
2. Added language support for Korean, Lithuanian, Arabic
3. Added unread notification light effect reminder feature
4. Addressed issue of camera 2X not smooth
5. Addressed issue that USB Debugging cannot be turned off
6. Addressed issue that may cause Sharktime click failure
7. Addressed issue that may cause notification not display
8. Addressed issue of GameDock wake-up gesture malfunction
9. Optimized power consumption of FaceUnlock
10. Optimized Sound effect of Karaoke App
11. Optimized Camera stability
12. Optimized system stability
13. Optimized stability when using GamePad
14. Optimized some translation
15. Optimized compatibility of NoInCall in GameDock and adapt some mainstream social applications
16. Optimized Sharktime floating ball and it can show up correctly
17. Optimized Icon of LightEffect in QuickSettings
It is worth noting that this update will be a staged rollout. As such it is expected to come to a small percentage of users at first, and then roll out to more users over the next few days.
The company has delivered quite a few updates in last few weeks. We saw something similar with the regular Black Shark 2. The November update for the phone brought an older security patch but also featured several bug fixes, including YouTube display bug and more.
For the first-gen Black Shark users, the S logo lighting bug that has been reported by users after the latest update is now acknowledged. The company is working on a fix and users should see a new update drop soon.
We will keep an eye on the story and let you know when this bug-fixing update arrives. Until then, stay tuned to our Black Shark section for more related stories.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.