First-gen Black Shark gets October security patch with tons of fixes via new software update
You either know everything about the Black Shark phones, or you never heard of it. The Black Shark family was started as Xiaomi’s gaming-centred lineup. They are so focused on being hard-core gaming device that the phones sport little in terms of day-to-day usability.
All the phones contain the highest end internals, necessary for intense gaming. Regarding functional design, these gadgets feature insane cooling performance to ensure efficient heat dissipation. This is necessary as these games often tend to run these devices really hot.
While Xiaomi has a rather decent track record when it comes to pushing out updates, the Black Shark line of phones are kind of lagging behind in this front.
Yesterday, the Black Shark 2 got the October security patch. This update is long overdue as many other OEMs are consistently pushing out the November patches. Nevertheless, the original Black Shark is now getting the same security update in the form of November OTA.
The update for Black Shark 2 brought a bunch of improvements; mostly related to system stability and network performance. The same saga is repeating with Black Shark 1 was well.
Once again, the October security patch is coming in the middle of November. Why that is the case,? No one really knows. This update brings the build number from G66X1909040OS00MPP→ → G66X1910301OS00MPP. The complete list of changes is as follows.
1. Update Google Security patch to 2019-10-05
2. Addressed malfunction issue of Network Assistant in Performance Master
3. Addressed issue that S logo lighting doesn’t work properly
4. Addressed issue that LED lighting dysfunction when getting notification
5. Addressed a issue may cause silent ringtone when receiving incoming calls
6. Addressed issue that secondary camera can’t take 20M photo in PRO camera mode
7. Addressed issue that unable to use 16/9 ratio in front camera
8. Addressed a probability problem of data disconnection
9. Optimized the interface and translation in Performance Master
The first-gen Black Shark got Android Pie update back in September with August security patches. As you can see, delayed OTA delivery is pretty much common for this phone.
Being an OTA update, the rollout is staged, meaning some Black Shark 1 units will receive the download notification ahead of others. If this happens, don’t freak out. That’s just how OTA updates work. You should receive it very soon.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.