[New build] Realme X grabs November security update, receives dark mode quick toggle & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
The Realme X2 Pro brings in all the premium-flagship specs like Snapdragon 855+ SoC, 90Hz refresh rate display, 4,000 mAh battery, quad-camera setup with 64 MP primary lens, all at a price of a mid-range device.
Not only this, the company has grown leaps and bounds this year and attained their record 7th position in the list of top 10 global smartphone makers by shipping approximately 10 million smartphones according to a report by Counterpoint Research.
This is quite an amazing feat considering the fact that Realme is one of the newest brands in the smartphone market. Moreover, the company also has quite a good track record in pushing out timely updates.
A few Realme devices have already received the November security patch and the latest entrant in this list is the Realme X. Notably, apart from the latest security patch, the update also brings in quite a few features like dark mode quick toggle, Dolby mode enhancements etc.
Keep in mind that the update is currently only available for users in China. The global rollout is, however, expected soon. Talking about the update, it arrives with version number A.20 and the download link will soon be available.
Below is the official changelog and the screenshot of the announcement:
● Update the November security patch
● Recent task interface Click on the blank area to return to the desktop
Notification Center and Status Bar
● Added dark mode fast switch
● Call flash function
● In the dark mode, the conversation background of the WhatsApp application is not clear
● Fix the problem of killing the WeChat process after switching the dark mode switch
● Fixed a problem where the power saving mode turned off the Dolby sound when playing music.
● After the game is repaired, the swipe gesture enters the multitasking interface, using one-click cleanup, multiple clicks, and no report is responding.
● Repair mobile phone data Use VPN tool to download stickers, prompting network connection failure
Realme X received the October patch in China back in the previous month, while the Indian users got it at the beginning of this month. Features like system-wide dark mode, new animations, Realme Laboratory, camera functions, etc.appeared via these updates.
Talking about the Android 10 OTA, Realme X is slated to receive the ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 in Q1 of 2020 according to the official roadmap.
Update (November 22)
Realme has re-released the November patch for Realme X with software version A.21. Details here.
Note: You can check out our dedicated Realme section on our website for reading more similar stories.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.