[India release] Realme ColorOS 7 (Android 10) roadmap announced, Realme X & X2 get October patches, dark mode, & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
One of the popular features of Android 10 is system-wide dark mode. However, the good nature of Android OS means that you don’t necessarily have to wait for the OS to arrive in order to enjoy dark mode on your device.
In the case of Oppo subsidiary Realme, for instance, dark mode will not wait until Realme ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 arrives in Q1 2020. Instead, the company is already rolling out the feature to several handsets, both in the homeland of China and in India, where the brand is booming.
It was in early September that Realme promised to roll out dark mode to all of its devices. Later that month, the company did suggest that all existing Realme phones would receive the feature by the end of November and it seems on course to achieve this target.
As of this writing, another Realme device joins the growing dark mode party, the Realme X2. For the uninitiated, the Realme X2 is the Chinese variant of the Realme XT.
Below is the full changelog (translated from Chinese via Google Translate) of the incoming Realme X2 October update, which is arriving as version RMX1991_11_A.11:
● Join the October security patch
● Add dark mode
● Added realme lab
● Add desktop drop-down to open the notification center function
● Add a new flow card quick switch
● Red dot prompt switch after adding application update
● Remove the blue bar from the status bar after turning on the hotspot
● After removing the root, the red bar in the notification bar prompts
● Charging animation update, showing two decimal places
● Add left and right swipe to delete notification banner window
● Added proactive super night view function
● Optimized after shooting super night scene effect
● Optimize portrait redness
● Optimize some scene AF out of focus
● Solve the problem of recording video jam after turning on super anti-shake
● Solve the problem of Karton when the three-finger operation of QQ speed
● Solve the problem of low probability splash screen when watching short videos
● After changing the color simulation space setting, the screen color mode cannot be switched to the soft mode problem
● Solve the problem that the dial pad has a low probability of darkening
The Realme X is also receiving the latest October security update in China and like its Realme X2 counterpart, there is dark mode available too. The company had recently hinted that Realme X would get support for dark mode feature soon.
The update is arriving as version RMX1901_11.A.19 and carries the changelog below.
● Update the October security patch
● Redesign date, weather plugin
● Optimize lock screen clock plug-in design
● Optimize negative one screen design
● Adjust the charging style
● Update theme store to increase font function
● Can be set on the desktop drop-down to open the notification bar
● You can set the app update without displaying the dot on the left side of the icon.
● Settings add new lab features
● Increase dark mode
Notification Center and Status Bar
● Provide quick switch to switch flow card
● Do not display blue bars in the status bar after opening a hotspot
● Remove the red bar prompt after root
● Redesigning the notification center style
● Improve the game touch experience
● Fix some application probabilistic crashes
● Fix after-sales feedback Ultra HD photo spot problem
● Fixing the problem that the backlight adjustment is not smooth under some scenes
As noted earlier, Realme already revealed its Android 10 plans for the global market. The initial roadmap included only eight devices led by the Realme 5 Pro and Realme 3 Pro. However, this was later revised, with the company comitting to deliver Android 10 update for all Realme phones.
The company has now released a similar Android 10 roadmap for Realme devices sold in China. Apparently, the ColorOS 7 update is expected to begin rolling out in Q1 2020, just like Realme had promised earlier for its global units.
The said Realme ColorOS 7 update will first head out to the Realme X Lite (Realme 3 Pro), Realme X and Realme Q (Realme 5 Pro) in Q1 2020 before rolling out to the Realme X2 (Realme XT) and the flagship Realme X2 Pro in Q2 2020.
Again, the above Realme ColorOS 7 update roadmap is almost identical to what Realme released earlier for the global market, which is expected anyway. Keep an eye on our Oppo and Realme sections for more related coverage in the future.
Update (October 30)
System-wide dark mode is now available for Indian Realme X as well after installing the latest update. The OTA is currently rolling out in the form of software version A.09.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.