[Updated] OnePlus 7 Pro ghost touch issue fix may have arrived with OxygenOS 9.5.7 update (Download links inside)
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on June 7) follows:
Periodic software updates on smartphones ensure bug fixes as well as feature enhancements. OnePlus as a phone maker follows the same trend, as they assured OnePlus 7 Pro users to patch the bugs related to camera quality, ghost touch and ambient display/double tap to wake.
As a matter of fact, OnePlus engineers already pushed the red button as OxygenOS 9.5.7 is now rolling out globally. The new update comes with truckload of improvements in the camera department.
Moreover, the touch screen sensitivity has been greatly improved, according to OnePlus. The Chinese OEM also included fixes related to call quality with third party (VoIP) apps.
– Optimized Double Tap to Wake
– Fixed issues with Ambient Display
– Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps
– Improved touch sensitivity for screen
– Improved overall contrast and color performance
– Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
– Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
– Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
– Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
– Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
– Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
– Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
– Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
– Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
For the first time since the release, OnePlus unified the version numbering scheme of regional OxygenOS builds for OnePlus 7 Pro. Just like the regular OnePlus 7, both European and global variants of OnePlus 7 Pro are now getting the 9.5.7 build (albeit the build tags are still different).
PiunikaWeb readers should remember the hotfix release OxygenOS 9.5.6 which was intended for US unlocked OnePlus 7 Pro units to fix a Verizon specific issue. Those who missed that OTA can now install this new update, as the fixes are cumulative.
The security patch level of this new build is still April 2019. While the optimizations related to touch sensitivity (to remove ghost touches), ambient display and double tap to wake can only be evaluated after using the phone for a few days, the camera related fixes are clearly noticeable.
The updated camera app can be downloaded from APKMirror. While it is possible to sideload it on older OnePlus phones running OxygenOS 9.0.x, not all features are going to work. Users might find issues with broken functionalities.
OnePlus Global Product Operations Manager Manu J. has already published the relevant update announcement thread. While the OTA updates is being rolled out in waves, you can grab the appropriate update package for you model from the following links (thanks to Oxygen Updater):
- OxygenOS 9.5.7.GM21AA for OnePlus 7 Pro (India/Global): Download (MD5: 53e71fc8720eb42085599ef27af0c5e3)
- OxygenOS 9.5.7.GM21BA for OnePlus 7 Pro (EU): Download (MD5: a0c984211445ddbcbce7df76de10c0c4)
Readers can also track the updates from our exclusive OnePlus 7 series update tracker cum index article. It is central place for locating the download links of every OxygenOS OTA for OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 Pro 5G.
Update 1 (March 17, 2020)
It seems like the ghost touch issue is still troubling users.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.