OnePlus 7 & 7T series OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) update rollout resumes as OxygenOS 188.8.131.52
OnePlus — the company known for pushing quick software updates — is currently struggling to release Android 11 with OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series which its competition marches on with the rollout.
According to the official announcement, this hotfix update fixes some unforeseen bugs found in the original Android 11 release. It also brings forth a new security patch to the devices.
The changelog remains the same for all four models. Check it out below:
– Update to OxygenOS 11 version
– Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
– Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.03
– Updated GMS package to 2021.01
– Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
– Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
– Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
– Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
– Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
– Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
– Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > – Customization > Clock on ambient display)
– Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – – – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
– Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
– Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
– Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
– Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
– Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
– Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
– Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
– Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
– Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Unfortunately, it seems since this is only a hotfix update, OnePlus has decidedly left out the Always on Display or AOD function.
So OnePlus 7 and 7T series users may have to continue waiting for the highly-anticipated feature for longer.
That said, now that the OxygenOS 11 update rollout has resumed for the OnePlus 7 and 7T series, you can manually check for the update if you’ve not received an OTA update notification.
Meanwhile, stay tuned to our dedicated tracker to know more about the status and availability of OxygenOS 11 or Android 11 for all eligible smartphones from OnePlus.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.