[Update: Apr. 02] OnePlus 7 Pro & 7T Pro gets stable Android 11 update in China; OxygenOS 11 to follow soon?
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…
Original story (published on March 07, 2021) follows:
The wait for the stable release of Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T series of devices could be over pretty soon.
This, as OnePlus has started rolling out the stable build of Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 to OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro in its home market of China.
The update which brings to these devices many of the features present in Android 11 has been in the works for months now with OnePlus seemingly struggling to deliver.
Of course, this news isn’t as exciting in itself for international users but the thing is, OnePlus often starts these rollouts with its home market before the rest of the world.
This means that the official update, one that has been rumored for months now with delay after delay, could be a few weeks or at best, days away from an official rollout.
So what’s new? Well, below is the changelog for this Android 11 update for the OnePlus 7T Pro and OnePlus 7 Pro.
• Update to the deeply customized hydrogen OS 11 system based on Android 11
• Renew UI visual design, optimize many details, bring more comfortable visual perception
• Optimize the stability of some tripartite applications to improve user experience
• The new version of the camera UI interface optimizes some functional paths and makes the operation more convenient
• Added HEVC high-efficiency video storage format, lossless image quality reduces video storage volume
• Added a preview of the shooting interface to support long-press one-click sharing, direct access to the application you need to share
• Newly press the camera button to start fast recording, and support sliding this button to zoom and lock quickly during shooting, easy to record without restriction
• Added playback duration display for time-lapse shooting, intuitively grasp the actual content duration
Information screen display
• Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display, which is jointly designed with students of Parsons School of Design, and changes continuously according to the data of the mobile phone use time (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock style)
• Added the function of drawing shadow, which can automatically draw your lock screen photo into a dedicated wireframe (path: settings-personalization-wallpaper-shadow drawing-select photo preview, it can be quickly generated)
• Add shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut setting to turn it on
• The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time to open)
Negative one screen
• The new negative one-screen interface design, the layout of the section is clear at a glance
• Added weather widget, animation effect is more smart
• Intelligent one-week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to keep good memories
• Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster.
When OnePlus finally comes around to rolling out stable builds of Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T devices, these will join the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus Nord as the company’s eligible devices that have since been updated.
So how do you update your device? Well, OnePlus says that:
At present, the system is gradually pushing the update to eligible devices. After receiving the push, the new version can be downloaded and installed on the phone. After the full version is pushed, the download link in this post will be updated for download and upgrade.
If you haven’t received this update on your device, OnePlus asks you to be patient as it’ll be rolling out in due course.
We shall continue to keep an eye on this OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro stable Android 11 story and update as and when we get more info surrounding this update and the update for the non-Pro models.
We have a dedicated OnePlus Android 11 tracker that’s keeping tabs on all these developments so stay tuned.
Update 1 (March 09)
05:00 pm (IST): As per a comment left by a OnePlus staff member, the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update is scheduled to roll out this month itself for the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Update 2 (March 11)
13:05 pm (IST): New reports now indicate that OnePlus is halting the rollout of Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 to the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T Pro in China due to bugs and issues. More on that here.
Update 3 (April 02)
12:05 pm (IST): OnePlus is reportedly suspending the rollout of Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 to users of the OnePlus 7 series of devices due to bugs. More on that here.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.