[Re-released] OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) stable update finally begins rolling out (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on March 1, 2021) follows:
The Android 11 update for the OnePlus Nord was speculated to release by the end of February. This was as per an official confirmation a couple of weeks back.
Now, although February has flown by too quickly for anyone’s taste, just like every other month since the onset of the pandemic, the update is now at least rolling out.
Yes, it has arrived a day later than promised, but a delay of just one day isn’t too bad by OnePlus’ standards considering their older flagships — the OnePlus 7/7T — are yet to get a taste of OxygenOS 11 even after months of postponements.
Anyway, for the uninitiated, the OnePlus Nord has seen some steady beta development for the past couple of months where three open betas have been launched to date as part of the program.
Thankfully, none of the open betas had any major issues and even the minor concerns were all seemingly smoothed out with the last open beta 3.
OnePlus had even held a survey regarding the overall progress of their beta program back on February 4 which received a pretty positive feedback overall. Hence, a stable release was inevitable.
And the wait is now finally over as the OnePlus Nord has finally bagged the OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11. Truly a much needed and anticipated one in the light of a bunch of complaints hovering around the previous stable of OxygenOS 10.
The update carries a size of 2910 MB and its download link and changelog have been given below:
Source: XDA Developers
1. Update to Android 11 version
2. The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved experience
1. Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
2. Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
1. Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
2. Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
1. Brand new shelf UI
2. Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
1. Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
2. Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Codename: Avicii
- Channel: Stable
- Android: 11
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Type: Recovery
Of course, just like every other OxygenOS update to date, the above will also roll out in batches. And if the subsequent feedback is positive enough, then it will be made available widely soon enough.
However, if you can’t wait to get a taste of OxygenOS 11 along with all the goodies that it offers, then you can simply download the build as per your region and flash it through the updater app.
But if you’re one of the users who like to play it safe and would rather stay on OxygenOS 10 until the coast appears clear, then stay tuned to PiunikaWeb through our dedicated OxygenOS 11 bug tracker.
Update 1 (March 4)
IST 10:10 am: Users of the OnePlus Nord in Europe are now receiving an update that brings with it the stable build of Android 11-based OxygenOS 11.
Update 2 (March 5)
IST 12:05 pm: Users of the OnePlus Nord in Asia are finally getting the update to Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 on their devices.
Update 3 (March 9)
IST 05:30 pm: The UK variant of the OnePlus Nord is now receiving the OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11. Of course, the changelog is the same as above.
Update 4 (March 11)
IST 10:30 am: Reports now indicate that OnePlus is suspending the rollout of stable OxygenOS 11 to the OnePlus Nord citing bugs and issues.
Update 5 (March 15)
IST 13:30 pm: OnePlus has re-released the stable OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord as OxygenOS 188.8.131.52. More on that here.
PiunikaWeb started purely as an investigative tech journalism website with a main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Fox News, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, MacRumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.