[Update: OnePlus 7/Pro too] OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro Android 11 stable update re-released for devices in China
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on March 22, 2021) follows:
OnePlus’ journey to Android 11 has been a particularly grueling one for a company that once dominated the Android update scene.
Users of the other eligible devices such as the previous generation flagships from the company, OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T have been gawking at stable builds for months.
The situation for the older OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T series of devices is even more dire as there haven’t been any meaningful steps towards that build yet.
Not too long ago, we saw reports of OnePlus finally rolling out the stable build of its Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 to users of the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro in its home market of China.
That was, however, short-lived as the company quickly pulled the update, citing bugs and issues. That meant that the global deployment of OxygenOS 11 which is closely tied to HydrogenOS 11, would get delayed as well.
Well, today the company is resuming the deployment of Android 11 to users of the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro devices in China.
Below is the changelog for this update.
• Update to the deeply customized hydrogen OS 11 system based on Android 11
• Renew UI visual design, optimize many details, bring more comfortable visual perception
• Optimize the stability of some tripartite applications to improve user experience
• Update the Android security patch to 2021.02
• This is a major version upgrade with a lot of updates, please be patient and wait for the upgrade to complete
• The new version of the camera UI interface optimizes some functional paths and makes the operation more convenient
• Added HEVC high-efficiency video storage format, lossless image quality reduces video storage volume
• Added a preview of the shooting interface to support long-press one-key sharing, direct access to the application you need to share
• New addition: Press the camera button to start fast recording, and support sliding this button to zoom and lock quickly during shooting, easy to record without restriction
• Added playback duration display for time-lapse shooting, intuitively grasp the actual content duration
Information screen display
• Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display, which is jointly designed with students of Parsons School of Design, and changes continuously according to the data of the mobile phone use time (setting path: Settings-Personalization-Clock style)
• Newly added shadow drawing function, which can automatically draw your lock screen photo into a dedicated wireframe (path: settings-personalization-wallpaper-shadow drawing-select photo preview, it can be quickly generated)
• Add shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut setting to turn it on
• The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period (setting path: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time to open)
• New game toolbox, support for quick opening of e-sports mode, and switching of three notification methods (text reminder, floating notification, complete block) to bring you a more immersive gaming experience
• Added quick reply operation in WeChat and QQ small window mode (in game mode, you can open it automatically by pulling down on the left and upper right corners of the screen)
• Added the function of preventing accidental touches in the notification bar in game mode. After opening, you need to pull down and click on the top to pop up the notification bar
Negative one screen
• New negative one-screen interface design, the layout of the section is clear at a glance
• Added weather widget, animation effect is more smart
• Intelligent one-week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to keep good memories
• Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
As mentioned, OnePlus’ development of OxygenOS is closely tied to that of its home market, HydrogenOS. With this, we would expect the company to rollout stable builds to OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T devices in the global market pretty soon.
Of course, this is assuming that nothing else comes up that occasions yet another delay as these users have been waiting for a long time.
We shall continue to follow this and update as and when we get more info so you might want to stay tuned to our continued coverage of the status of Android 11 for the OnePlus 7 and 7T devices.
Update (March 24)
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users in China are now receiving the stable version of HydrogenOS 11 based on Android 11, suggesting that the global OxygenOS 11 rollout is imminent.
Below is the translated changelog:
– Update to a hydrogen OS 11 system based on Android 11 depth customization
– A new UI visual design that optimizes multiple details for a more comfortable visual look
– Optimize the stability of some three-way applications to enhance the user experience
– Update the Android security patch to 2021.02
– This upgrade for a larger version, more updates, please be patient and wait for the upgrade to complete
– The new camera UI interface optimizes some of the function paths for easier operation
– New HEVC efficient video storage format to reduce video storage volume without loss of picture quality
– The new shooting interface preview allows you to share with one click and go straight to the app you need to share
– The new growth presses the shooting key to turn on fast recording, and sliding this key to quickly zoom and lock during shooting makes recording easy and unbound
– Time-lapse shooting new playback length display, intuitive grasp of the actual content time
[The screen is displayed]
– New “Time” screen display custom style, designed in co-design with Parsons School of Design students, constantly changing according to the length of time your phone is using data (set path: Settings – Personalization – Clock Style)
– New shadowing feature that automatically draws your lock screen photos into a dedicated wireframe (Path: Settings – Personalization – Wallpapers – Drawing – Select Photo Preview for quick generation)
– The dark mode adds a shortcut switch and the pull-down shortcut settings are turned on
– Dark mode supports setting auto-on and time period (setting path: settings – display – dark mode – auto-on – turn on based on sunset sunrise/custom time)
– New game toolbox, support for e-racing mode to turn on quickly, and three notification modes toggle (text alerts, hover notifications, full blocking) for a more immersive gaming experience
– Quick reply to new WeChat and QQ window modes (actively turned on by pulling down the left and right corners of the screen in game mode)
– New game mode notification bar anti-touch function, when turned on, you need to pull down the top and click to eject the notification bar
– The new negative one-screen interface design provides a clear view of the layout of the section
– Add weather widgets to make the animation more dynamic
– Smart Weekly Review features intelligently generate videos based on footage to keep memories
– Optimize the loading speed of the gallery for faster picture previews
Note: we have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.