[Update: Live in Philippines] Samsung Galaxy A50s One UI 2.5 update rolls out; Galaxy A50 allegedly next in line
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on November 17, 2020) follows:
Now, the Galaxy A50s is getting One UI 2.5 and the standard Galaxy A50 might be next in line to receive the same.
The information comes from Twitter where a user has shared a conversation which suggests that the Galaxy A50 might get the One UI 2.5 update somewhere between November and December.
Since this info has not been officially acknowledged by the OEM, it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
The new One UI update is rolling out as version A507FNXXU5CTK3, up from the outgoing version A507FNXXS5BTI1 and tags along the latest November security patch.
Hopefully, the OEM also delivers the One UI 2.5 update for the standard Galaxy A50 as users have been waiting for quite some time.
After some time, several devices from the Galaxy A series were also included in the three major OS updates plan.
While the Galaxy A50 and Galaxy A50s are not included in the aforementioned plan, both devices are still in line for One UI 3.0 based on Android 11 – their second and perhaps last major OS update.
That said, we will keep tracking this for further development and will provide more details once new information becomes available.
In the meantime, you can check out our Samsung One UI 2.5 update tracker to get the latest updates on the topic.
Thanks for the Galaxy A50s tip, Lazuardi 2K17!
Update 1 (November 19)
IST 10:55 am: Samsung has now added the complete changelog of the One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy A50s on its site. You can check out all that’s new with the update below:
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
Thanks for the tip, Lazuardi 2K17
Update 1 (November 23)
05:00 pm (IST): The One UI 2.5 update for the Galaxy A50s is now rolling out in the Philippines according to a report from a user on Reddit.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.