Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S MIUI 12 update now available globally; Redmi 9 to get it in November (Download link inside)
Now, the wait is finally over as the global Redmi Note 9S units are finally getting the latest custom skin from Xiaomi.
The update version 220.127.116.11.QJWMIXM is live over the air but those who want to install the update manually, we’ve got you covered.
The update download link is given below after the changelog. Also, be sure to check out these workarounds in case you come across any errors while installing the update manually.
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
– Fix: UI elements for accepting calls weren’t displayed in some cases
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
- Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S
- Codename: curtana
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QJWMIXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 0ea52af7f4ad3a1f9545688baab143bc
- Type: Recovery
While the wait is finally over for the Redmi Note 9S, users of the Redmi 9 are still waiting for the latest custom skin to arrive outside China.
A user took to Twitter to know about the status of the Redmi 9 MIUI 12 update and got a response from General Manager at Xiaomi Indonesia, Alvin Tse.
Xiaomi boss stated that the much awaited update for the Redmi 9 might arrive in November which is somewhat in sync with what was stated earlier.
Maybe November with under the hood optimisations
It must be noted that the MIUI 12 update for the Redmi Note 9S, global Redmi Note 9 Pro, and Redmi 9 was supposed to roll out from October 20 as per a Xiaomi Support executive.
Moreover, all remaining Xiaomi devices were expected to get the MIUI 12 update by October-end but the latest information suggests otherwise.
All in all, users of the Redmi 9 and other remaining Xiaomi devices will have to wait till the OEM decides to roll out the latest custom skin.
That said, we will keep tracking the development of MIUI 12 and will provide more updates once new information becomes available.
In the meantime, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker to get the latest updates on the topic.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.