[Updated] OnePlus Android 11-based HydrogenOS 11 beta 3 update releases, OxygenOS 11 should follow soon
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on August 10, 2020) follows:
OnePlus has already released the Android 11 beta 2 update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. After the beta testing ends, the OEM is expected to release OxygenOS 11 along with Android 11. Also, the company recently announced that HydrogenOS 11 update will be unveiled to the public on August 10.
Now, OnePlus has released the HydrogenOS 11 beta 3 update in China for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with all new features alongside expected Open Beta and stable release dates. This means that the OxygenOS 11 update should be out soon, however, the OEM has not provided any details about it yet.
The HydrogenOS 11 beta 3 announcement came on the official OnePlus community where the complete changelog is provided along with the flashing tutorial. Since it is still a beta version, there are many issues that will be fixed before the stable version comes out.
1. Some third-party applications may not function properly
2. The system may exist in some stability problems at the network
3. There may be part of the scene stability problems close OEM Unlock
4. Before the proposed upgrade before upgrading back up important data
• Overall visual refresh (including more immersive weather, more comfortable browsing of photo albums and notes, etc.)
• Fully optimize the large-screen operating experience, comfortable and convenient with one hand
• Built-in two brand-new fonts (Cang Er Jin Kai, Huakang Round Type), OnePlus Ying Hei font is upgraded to OnePlus Sans
• Added a new live wallpaper, combined with the time point of sunrise to sunset, the color of the wallpaper changes accordingly, echoing the changes in the sky
Information screen display
• Added the function of constant light display on the information screen, which can be selected as scheduled/all day. The setting method is: setting-display-the screen display is always on
• Added a custom style for the “Time” screen display. 10 clocks are available for the regular style. The setting method is: Settings-Personalization-Clock Style
• Added a shortcut switch for dark mode, pull down the shortcut settings to open
• The dark mode supports the setting of automatic opening and time period. The setting method is: setting-display-dark mode-automatic opening-according to sunset and sunrise / custom time opening
• Added three new themes (ocean, space, grassland) and provide more duration options
• Added support for multi-person meditation mode, you can invite friends to meditation together
• The smart album newly supports a week review function, which can intelligently generate videos according to the material situation to retain memories.
• Add OnePlus mutual transfer, quickly share files to surrounding devices, support OPPO, vivo, Realme, Xiaomi, Meizu and other brands
As this is still a developer preview, users will have to wait before they can grab the stable HydrogenOS 11 update. This is because the public testing is still left and only after that stage the stable version will come out.
We hope the OxygenOS 11 update comes out soon as it is also expected to bring all the major changes that are listed above. Meanwhile, you can check out our OnePlus Android 11 tracker to know when it arrives on your device.
Also, stay tuned to PiunikaWeb for more updates related to Android 11.
Update 1 (August 11)
OnePlus was set to release the Android 11 Developer Preview 3 on August 10, however, it seems there has been a slight delay. A Staff Member on the OnePlus forums has now shed some light on the matter. Apparently, the Developer Preview 3 is still pending final approval.
David here. Just want to give you a quick update. As you may know, our software updates need to be tested and approved before being publicly released. Right now, the Developer Preview 3 is still pending final approval. We really appreciate your patience and will keep you posted.
Update 2 (August 11)
The company has now released the Android 11 beta 3 update alongside OxygenOS 11 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. This new update brings a few new features and improvements. Check out all the details regarding the beta 3 update here.
Update 3 (August 31)
IST: 07:22 pm: OnePlus is now rolling out the Android 11 (OxygenOS 11) beta 4 update to both their flagship devices, the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro to address some bugs before releasing the final closed beta version. We will keep you posted of any further development in this regard. See the full details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.