[Updated] Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12 update hits devices in Russia following Global release (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on July 25, 2020) follows:
Xiaomi announced earlier that the Poco F2 Pro (aka Redmi K30 Pro) MIUI 12 stable update will be out by July-end. The OEM appears to be holding on to its word as the update is already out for Europe, Indonesia, and Global Poco F2 Pro users.
The Chinese Poco F2 Pro variant which is the Redmi K30 Pro has also received the stable MIUI 12 update leaving behind only the Russian devices.
The OEM has been on a roll with MIUI 12 and now Russian users can also update their devices with the latest custom skin from Xiaomi. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer has provided a comprehensive changelog for the update which outlines all the major changes and improvements.
The complete changelog is given below along with the download link if you want to manually update your Poco F2 Pro.
– MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Device: Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro
- Codename: imi
- Channel: Russia Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.QJKRUXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Type: Recovery
It must be noted that the Poco F2 Pro call recording feature is also slated to come in a future update. However, it is unclear whether this update includes it or not.
If you are using the Poco F2 Pro then feel free to drop a comment below and let us know if you have come across the call recording feature after the latest MIUI 12 update. The Poco F2 Pro was also promised the Android 11 beta update but only the Chinese variant has received it so far.
Nevertheless, considering how Xiaomi is vigorously proceeding with MIUI 12 updates, here’s hoping the OEM will handle the Android 11 release with the same energy, pushing the beta to the non-China Poco F2 Pro devices sometime soon. As you may know, the stable is yet to be released by Google.
Meanwhile, if you own a Xiaomi device and are yet to receive the MIUI 12 update then be sure to check out our dedicated MIUI 12 update tracker to stay updated on the topic.
Update 1 (August 13)
Users are reporting that after installing the Global MIUI 12 update on their Poco F2 Pro, the device’s Widevine security level has dropped to L3. This problem has only been reported on Global units at the moment. Check out more details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.