[Updated] Vivo X30, X30 Pro, Z3x & Vivo S1 Android 10 (Funtouch OS 10) Open Beta update recruitment begins, rollout next week
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on June 16) follows:
When other OEMs were going full throttle with the push of Android 10 updates, Vivo users were feeling left behind as the OEM joined the party a bit late.
Fast forward to now, a bunch of Vivo phones including, Vivo NEX 3 5G, Vivo iQOO, Vivo V17/Pro, Vivo Z1X, Z1 Pro, and V15 Pro, has already received the stable version of the Android 10 update.
The beta recruitment for the Vivo X30 and Vivo S1 also went live back in the previous month and this internal testing started off on May 16 and ended yesterday, i.e. June 15. We have earlier reported that the Vivo S1 was likely to pick up the Android 10 update somewhere in June.
And going by the recent announcement in the official Chinese community platform, Vivo S1 Android 10 (Funtouch OS 10) beta recruitment is now officially live in China.
Not only the Vivo S1, but the open beta program is also live for the models Vivo X30/X30 Pro, and Z3x as well. Here is what the official announcement reads:
Dear friends, V fans
Discover more beautiful Funtouch OS 10 open beta!
Want to be a member of the “open beta experience officer”?
Want to be the first to experience Funtouch OS 10?
Welcome to join the public beta experience officer team!
To give you more insight on this Vivo X30/X30 Pro, Z3x and Vivo S1 Android 10 (Funtouch OS 10) open beta program, the recruitment time is set from June 15 to June 20 and the update will be pushed to the registered users by June 22 for the Vivo X30/X30 Pro, Z3x, while the Vivo S1 will pick up the update by the end of June.
Here are the official details in a more concise manner for better understanding of our readers:
– Recruitment time:
June 15th-June 20th, 2020
– X30, X30 Pro, Z3x: June 22
– S1: end of June
– X30: 5000 people
– X30 Pro: 5000 people
– S1: 5000 people
– Z3x: 5000 people
Eligible Vivo users are requested to make sure that they are running the below mentioned official ROM, respective to their smartphone:
– X30: 1.17.4, 1.18.9, 1.18.10
– X30 Pro: 1.17.4, 1.18.9, 1.18.10
– S1: 1.13.0, 1.12.3, 1.11.2
– Z3x: 6.6.0, 6.7.0, 6.8.0
Once you have successfully registered with the Vivo X30/X30 Pro, Z3x and Vivo S1 Android 10 beta program, here is the list of features that the latest beta update will bring along, when it goes live, depending on the device mentioned below:
For X30, X30 Pro:
1. The system version is upgraded to Android 10, and the bottom layer is upgraded to further improve the system performance and stability
2. Optimize the permission management and control capabilities, third-party apps need higher permissions to read device data, and enhance the protection of user privacy data
1. Add copyright cooperation content of “See Music” app, the music library is more abundant
2. Add a live broadcast function entry to watch live broadcast quickly
3. Add Hi-Res area to enjoy high quality and good music
4. New discounts for bulk purchases of listening books, more buy more more discounts
5. Optimize the homepage search function, add popular search, new song recommendation
6. Optimize the intelligent recommendation algorithm only to understand you better
1. New smart desktop card management function
2. Added Jovi voice chat mode
3. New game recommendation function
4. Optimize the homepage layout and information display method
5. Optimize the detailed experience of the public WLAN function, the information presentation is more accurate
6. Optimize the homepage layout of the driving scene, support custom lock screen card
Added screen usage time function to help you understand mobile phone screen usage history
1. New game recommendation every day
2. Optimize the content display method of the discovery page, add the “selected information” module content
1. Added system cache garbage cleaning function
2. Added safety newsletter to provide you with protection knowledge and enhance safety awareness
For S1, Z3x:
The system version was upgraded to Funtouch OS 10 & Android 10, and the bottom layer was upgraded to further improve the system performance and stability.
1. The Jovi homepage has a new look. The new Jovi homepage presents all kinds of information more intuitively in front of your eyes, making it easy for you to spend every day.
2. Update the driving scene function, Jovi voice, rich shortcuts, call broadcast and other functions will bring you a more convenient experience in the driving environment.
3. Jovi Internet of Things upgrade, combined with AI capabilities, can now automatically discover smart hardware at home or office to help you quickly connect to the device and intelligently control your smart hardware through voice and scene settings.
Wisdom Meng Chong supports verbal chat, and communicate with your beloved Meng Chong through voice.
Add a shortcut to clear desktop corners with one click, so that the desktop becomes clear instantly.
Added double-speed playback function to improve playback speed and listen to recordings more efficiently.
Added exchange rate conversion function, online real-time exchange rate data, more convenient to understand the exchange rate when going abroad and cross-border.
Optimized the processing logic of some menu levels and some menu functions.
Now once the Android 10 is out of the way, the immediate question that will cross the minds of the Vivo users would be whether their phones are eligible for Android 11 update or not?
And taking Vivo’s software update policy and our experience regarding this, into account, as per our Android 11 eligible Vivo device list, all the phones mentioned here, i.e. the Vivo X30/Pro, Z3x, and Vivo S1 should get updated to Android 11.
But, note that this is not an official list and nothing can be confirmed until Vivo officially confirms or shares the list of Android 11 eligible devices. So, take this piece of information with a pinch of salt.
Update 1 (June 24)
The stable update to Android 10 is now live for the Vivo S5 and the Vivo Z3x picks up the beta update to Android 10. Head here for more details.
Update 2 (June 29)
The beta update to Android 10 for the Vivo S1 is now live. Head here for more details.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.