NVIDIA Shield TV Dolby Vision on Amazon Prime has been restored; Arc Browser v1.22 update detailed
NVIDIA has in the past claimed to have fixed the Dolby Vision issues on the Shield TV, but this was targeted at those taking part in the hotfix program. As for those in the stable channel, the issues continued to persist.
Now, according to NVIDIA, Dolby Vision issues on Amazon Prime Video are no more. In a post made in the official forums a couple of days ago, the company notes that Dolby Vision has been restored via a server-side update.
Great news everyone. Dolby Vision has been restored for Shield TV. It should be available by end of the day today. No software update is necessary as the restoration is implemented on the server. You may need to reboot the device to get it to work.
What this means is that no software OTA update can be expected on your Shield TV as a fix for the Dolby Vision issues. This also means that you can’t tell when your Shield TV will get the fix, so it’s just a matter of waiting. While at it, try rebooting multiple times.
Arc Browser v1.22 update detailed
As far as OTA updates are concerned, Shield TV owners who use the Arc Browser have a new version 1.22 to look forward to. According to the details, there is plenty coming onboard ranging from new features, bug fixes, and enhancements.
Below are the pre-release notes:
* Added a second Android system so you can separate apps and games, with an option to hide apps from Recently played
* Possible fix for the screen edge graphics glitch on some devices. Shouldn’t cause any issues, but if it does you can disable it in Global UI settings
* Improved touch support: Long press to open menus, swipe to change media in the fullscreen media viewer, pressing back in Modern opens the sidebar, and some other minor things. There’s still a glitch when using touch to scroll in Modern and Classic so a gamepad is still highly recommended, but it should be a bit easier to use the app without one now
* More options for the position of the system list in Arcade
* Search button in Arcade
* Option to hide the Tools button in game details
* Option to use default (1:1) aspect ratio for games in collections
* Show ESRB and favorite badges in Modern and game details
* Support for “new” platforms: Sega Naomi, Sega Naomi 2, Sammy Atomiswave, Nintendo Pokemon Mini
* Ignore : and / in the genre name when looking for custom genre artwork
* Updated MAME filename list
* Updated OpenVGDB database
* Bugfixes and other behind-the-scenes stuff
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.