Realme 6 April update fixes game space, adds charging animation, & more; Realme X50/X50m also get April patch
Realme has been quite pre-occupied with Realme UI development since the turn of the year. The software, the first of its kind from the company and based on Android 10 OS, first arrived on the Realme 3 Pro and Realme XT in January 2020.
To date, at least eight Realme handsets have received the stable Realme UI via software updates. The latest to join the party, the Realme 3 and Realme 3i, got updated late last month.
Next in line are the Realme 5, Realme 5i, and Realme 5s, all of which should get the beta version in the coming days before the stable rollout towards the end of the month.
Amid all these, the OPPO subsidiary hasn’t shown any form of laxity as far as delivering monthly security updates is concerned. As of this writing, most Realme handsets have April patches installed.
New to the park is the Realme 6, Realme X50 and Realme X50m. The trio is receiving a software update that not only bumps the security patch level to April, but also brings new features, bug fixes, and performance enhancements.
The Realme 6 April update is arriving as version RMX2001_11.B.27 and is based on Realme UI (Android 10). Below is the full changelog as provided by the company.
● Android security patch: April 2020
● Fixed the issue that the game space is not effective in some scenarios
● Updated charging animation
● Added Ultra Steady feature
● Optimized the front camera resolution in some scenarios
● Optimized the video call resolution in some scenarios
The camera is getting a new Ultra Steady feature alongside optimizations for the front camera resolution. The Realme 6 April update also fixes an issue where the game space is ineffective and updates the charging animation.
As for the Realme X50 and Realme X50m, the updates are happening in China. Where the X50 is getting the update as B.12, the X50m is getting it as version A.05.
Realme only mentions optimized network performance, improved Internet stability, optimized camera effects, and enhanced photo experience for the X50m update. As for the X50, below is the full changelog (translated from Chinese).
● Update Google security patch in April
● Added the function of uncompressing and viewing the files in the compressed package (the number of files does not exceed 50)
● Added recording to text function
● Added the function of encrypting notes
● Optimize network performance and improve Internet stability
● Added super text function
● Optimize the problem of excessive power consumption in some scenarios
● Fixed the problem that the recording cannot be performed in some scenes
● Fix the failure of touch screen in some scenarios
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.