[Announcement] BREAKING: Realme XT Android 10 (Realme UI) update arrives via stable channel (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on January 17, 2020) follows:
After what briefly seemed like a delay scare, the stable Realme XT Android 10 update is now rolling out in India. The update, which also brings ColorOS 7 and Realme UI 1.0, arrives hours after the Realme 3 Pro picked up a similar update earlier today.
Yesterday, Realme promised to push the Realme UI update to both the Realme 3 Pro and Realme XT beginning today. But when the initial rollout started, the latter was nowhere to be seen.
In fact, there seemed to be a delay scare when Realme support suddenly sounded skeptical about the release of the update on various platforms. From vividly stating the update will roll out today to using statements like “very soon” and “as soon as possible.”
Hey, realme XT will receive realme UI very soon. Stay tuned for more updates on the same.🙂
But it seems the company was only taking the usual precautions after rolling out the Realme 3 Pro Android 10 update. As it stands, it seems things are fine and there is no major scare of bugs and whatnot.
The result of this is that Realme XT Android 10 update is now rolling out. We still haven’t bumped into an official statement like in the case of the Realme 3 Pro, but we do have confirmation from someone who has received the OTA on their XT handset.
The airborne update is arriving as software version RMX1921_11_C.01.
Both Realme XT and Realme 3 Pro were invited to join the Realme UI early access program a few days ago. Unsurprisingly, these two are now the only ones to receive the ColorOS 7 update so far.
We will be looking out for the download link for manual installation and update this article. As for now, you’ll have to wait for the OTA download notification, which could take several days to arrive.
Update 1 (January 18, 2020)
The stable OTA might be limited to beta testers only. According to a (now deleted) tweet by Realme CEO Madhav Sheth, the OEM is delaying the rollout due to technical reasons. It should be resumed soon, possibly before February 2020(!).
Update 2 (January 18, 2020)
Surprise! According to numerous Realme XT owners, they are receiving the OTA.
Update 3 (January 19, 2020)
Looks like Madhav’s tweet was actually an accident, as the company has now officially announced the Realme UI update for Realme XT. The complete changelog is as follows:
– Updated UI to realme UI
– Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
– Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
– Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
– Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
– Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
– Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
– Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
– Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
– Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
– Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
– Optimized: New Android 10 navigation gestures
– Optimized gestures:
All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
– Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
– Added whole new charging animation.
– Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
– Added pause feature for screen recording.
– Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
– New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
– Optimized system built-in ringtones.
– Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
– New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
– Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
– Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
– Added new live wallpapers.
– Added artistic wallpapers.
– Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
– Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
– Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
– Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
– Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
– Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
– In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
– Added the trim feature in Recordings.
– Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
– Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
– Added audio source selection for screen recording
– Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
– Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
– Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
– Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
– realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
– Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
– Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
– Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
For manual installation, below is the link to download the new Realme XT firmware.
- Device: Realme XT
- Codename: rmx1921
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: C.01
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 8be4bfa7e57490fdd36ebca51b081b38
- Type: Recovery
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.