[Updated] Finally! Realme 3i & Realme 3 Android 10 (Realme UI 1.0) stable update (C.09) officially rolling out
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on April 29) follows:
Gone are the days when Android devices received a lot of backlash because of just how lousy they were at updating their devices. Today, many OEMs manage to roll out regular security patches to many devices in their portfolios. Even Chinese companies like Realme aren’t left behind in this trend.
Realme has been at the forefront in pushing out OS updates and regular security or system patches to its devices. Lately, we have seen the company push out the Android 10-based Realme UI 1.0 as well VoWiFi to many of its devices and the company doesn’t seem to let off anytime soon.
The OEM is delivering right in time the Realme UI 1.0 to another Realme device duo today. The Realme 3 and Realme 3i users can finally sigh in relief as the stable Android 10 update is officially hitting the devices now. This comes not too long after the company pushed out the Beta update for these two devices.
To recall, we first got wind of this update early this month. At the time it was confirmed by Realme that the company was planning to roll out this update to the Realme 3i, the Realme 3 within the month of April. More on that story here.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
FYI, the initial rollout of Realme UI 1.0 update was not without its fair share of challenges. So buggy was the software that it got poor ratings and thumbs down by many users who received it. Nevermind, what’s good is the wait is finally over for the Realme 3/3i users.
We can only hope that more and more Android OEMs strive to push out regular updates’ both system updates and bug-fixes to their devices. All this adds up to building a better and more secure eco-system.
The download link for Realme 3 and 3i Android 10 update are not up as of now. We’ll update the current post as and when we get hands on it. Till then, happy installation!
Due credit: Thanks for the tip Aryan Dhasmana!
NOTE: We have these and many more Realme stories in our dedicated Realme section.
Update 1 (May 1)
The stable Realme UI update application channel fo the Realme 3 and the Realme 3i is open. Head here for more coverage.
Update 2 (May 16)
The Realme UI update for the Realme 3i and Realme 3 is now available for manual installation. Head here for more coverage.
Update 3 (May 18)
The update to Android 10 for the Realme 3 and Realme 3i is still in a staged rollout despite it being weeks for the update to hit devices. Head here for more coverage.
Update 4 (August 8)
Realme has now released the Android 10 kernel source code for the Realme 3 and the Realme 3i. Further, the company has also released the bootloader unlock tool for both the aforementioned phones. See the full story here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.