This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on March 28) follows:
Realme X2 fans, rejoice! The Realme UI (Android 10) update is officially rolling out for the masses. Realme has kept its promise where they claimed that the Realme UI update for the Realme X2 will be pushed in the last week of March.
Although, this was not the case with its elder brother, the Realme X2 Pro, where the device was supposed to get updated with Realme UI (Android 10) update in mid-March, but due to some reasons, the update could not roll out in scheduled time.
However, it seems like Realme fans are fortunate enough to bag the update right on time. The Chinese OEM started the Realme UI beta registration for the Realme X2 back in mid-March and now the stable update is officially released.
Talking about the Realme UI update for the Realme X2, the OTA brings along tons of new features and optimizations for the device and arrives with version number C.05.
Here is the complete changelog of the official update:
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Added YT music
• Updated decimals display during charging
To deepen user’s perception of fast charging, it will always be displayed when your phone is charging and the screen is bright.
Readers should note that the Realme X2 was recently served with the March 2020 security update, meaning that the device is already running on the latest security patchset alongside Realme UI (Android 10).
In order to grab the latest Android 10 update, Realme X2 users must be running the latest A.19 version in order to receive this update. Moreover, the update is rolling out in batches, which means that it will take some time in hitting all the units.
Also, the download link is not available as of yet, but we will keep you posted once they are made available for the device.
Update 1 (March 31)
Realme UI update is now live for the China variants.
Update 2 (April 02)
The download link is now available for Realme X2 Realme UI update.
- Device: Realme X2
- Codename: RMX1992
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: RMX1992AEX_11.C.05
- Android: Realme UI 1.0 (Android 10)
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 253076a07ef9cb826d2bbd3a03fdc92e
- Type: Recovery
Update 3 (April 10)
Realme confirms that all Realme X2 devices have received the Realme UI 1.0 update. Head here for more details.
Update 4 (August 19)
Realme has now released the Android 9 Pie rollback package for the Realme X2. Therefore, if for some reason the Android 10 update is causing trouble on your device, you can switch back to Android Pie. For more details along with the download link, head here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.