BREAKING: Asus ROG Phone Android 9 Pie update goes live with kernel source code
We have previously reported that Asus Zenfone 5z got the Android 10 stable update along with ZenUI 6 skin. Moreover, Asus has tried its best in pushing security and other updates for its devices.
And if you are the owner of the first-gen Asus ROG Phone then, this piece of news might excite you as Asus has finally pushed in the Android 9 Pie stable update for the device.
Talking about specs, the ROG Phone is a gaming beast that was launched in October 2018. It features specs like Snapdragon 845, 8 GB of RAM, a huge 4,000 mAh battery.
It also offers 128/512 GB of onboard storage and also sports a 6-inch AMOLED display. In the camera department, it houses a dual 12 MP + 8 MP setup at the back while the front gets an 8 MP shooter.
The device runs on ROG Gaming X UI and with this latest update, the Android level bumps up to Android 9 Pie. Besides, it is arriving with a version number 16.0410.1910.91 and weighs in around 1.38 GB in size.
So, we would advise you to download the update using a stable internet connection. In fact, the update brings in a lot of new features like the upgraded game center, adaptive brightness, adaptive battery, screen recorder, etc.
Below is the official changelog along with the screenshot of the update prompt:
1. Upgraded system to Android P
2. Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
3. Removed the Yandex cloud option of File Manager Application
4. Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
5. Added “Adaptive brightness”, “Adaptive Battery”, “New notifications”, “Status bar icon manager”, “Screen recorder”, and “Local backup” in Settings
6. Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
7. Added Android P “Swipe up on Home button” gesture
8. Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
9. Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications
10. Redesigned volume control panel following Android P
Moreover, users on various platforms have also reported that the update has hit their devices and you can check out the screenshot below:
Not only this, some of the users, also shared screenshots after the update was received on their devices that also gives a sneak peek to some of the changes that this new Android 9 Pie update brings for Asus ROG Phone.
The link for downloading the full OTA package is not yet available. However, we will update this post, once we have the link with us. Keep in mind that the update is being pushed via OTA and will take some time in hitting all the units. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available.
Note: You can check out the Pie kernel source code for the Asus ROG Phone by clicking here.
Feel free to let us know in the comments what major changes that the update brought in for your device apart from the mentioned ones.
Note: You can check out our dedicated Asus section for reading such similar stories.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.