Asus ROG Phone Android Pie update re-released with bug fixes
Asus ROG Phone has been around for a little over a year following its October 2018 release. The handset was the first from the company’s gaming branch and the answer to the Razer Phone unveiled in late 2017. It also became the second after the Razer Phone with a 90Hz display.
Having arrived running Android Oreo out of the box, it was never in doubt that the ROG Phone would be updated to Android Pie. However, what we didn’t see coming was a scenario where device owners would still be hunting for this update at a time when Android 10 is out.
The ROG Phone is also expected to get the update to Android 10, but with the previous Android Pie only arriving late last month, owners of this device are likely facing one of the longest waits before the latest OS arrives.
Even after delaying the ROG Phone Android Pie update, Asus still didn’t manage to make it a stable build. When it arrived, the update was seemingly full of bugs that forced Asus to silently halt the rollout.
But beginning hours ago, a patched-up version of the ROG Phone Android Pie update has been re-released as version 16.0410.1910.95, up from the initial Pie-based OTA that arrived as version 16.0410.1910.91.
Yes, if you had already picked up the initial ROG Phone Android Pie update, the latest OTA will come your way as an incremental update with bug fixes and performance improvements as shared below:
1. User will encounter a brief black screen last for 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the amount of data) after it finished the FOTA and reboot. Please do not force reboot the device because of the system has been checking, it would return to normal very soon.
2. Fixed the issue that TwinApps occasional not able to be launched
3. Fixed the Audio wizard can not be used in Russia
4. Fixed display error of Classic Theme Settings
5. Disabled BSNL VoLTE function in India
6. Fixed that screenshot could not be read by computer when device connects with computer
7. Fixed the game of Arena of Valor noise issue when live streaming with front camera
For those coming straight from Android Oreo, the same update is arriving with a slightly more detailed changelog, but this time with the issues found in the initial Pie update addressed.
Below is a summary of the ROG Phone Android Pie update for those coming from Android Oreo:
1. Upgraded system to Android P
2. User will encounter a brief black screen last for 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the amount of data) after it finished the FOTA and reboot. Please do not force reboot the device because of the system has been checking, it would return to normal very soon.
3. Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Report Location in Safeguard, weather animation setting, AI charging
4. Removed the Yandex cloud option of File Manager Application
5. Upgraded Game Center to Armoury Crate with whole new design
6. Added “Adaptive brightness”, “Adaptive Battery”, “New notifications”, “Status bar icon manager”, “Screen recorder”, and “Local backup” in Settings
7. Upgraded Game Genie panel with new design and features
8. Added Android P “Swipe up on Home button” gesture
9. Support 24-hour forecast in Weather application
10. Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, and Weather applications
For those using the China (CN) ROM and would like to downgrade from Android Pie to Oreo, we’ve captured the download file right below.
- Device: Asus ROG Phone
- Codename: z01qd
- Channel: China (CN) Stable
- Version: 17.1630.1907.98
- Android: 9 to 8.1
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- Type: Recovery
NOTE: We have more Asus-related coverage here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.