Redmi 5A MIUI 11 update with October security patch rolling out (Download link inside)
Although Xiaomi has a large portfolio of smartphones, they don’t abandon the lower tier and/or legacy devices from getting the MIUI 11 update. For example, 2017’s Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite got the long-anticipated OTA a few days ago.
Older flagships like Mi 5s/5s Plus from 2016 are part of the roster as well.
However, the underlying Android layer remains unchanged in most of the cases. Some phones like Mi 9 bagged the Android 10 update along with the bump in MIUI version number, but the same story is not applicable for even popular models such as the Pocophone F1.
Entry level Redmi phones, especially the ‘A’ series, recently started to pick the 11-th iteration of MIUI with their regular counterparts. The Chinese OEM even announced a small scale beta testing for Redmi 8A and Redmi 7A before widely rolling out the MIUI 11 OTA.
Yes, we are talking about one of the best selling smartphones of 2018. The little gizmo was launched with Android Nougat out of the box and received a broken Oreo update back in February. The stable build came during mid-July with June security patch. And finally – MIUI 11 is here!
The size of the incremental package is little less than 500 MB. The Android layer is still based on Android 8.1, as the Pie or subsequent updates is highly unlikely for such a budget device. The security patch level, however, got a monumental boost – from June to October.
As for the complete changelog, take a look below:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
– New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
– Optimization: All-new design and UI
- Device: Redmi 5A
- Codename: riva
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.OCKMIXM
- Android: 8.1
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: b247c0c04e196438c7de1f45038fb264
- Type: Recovery
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.