Redmi K20 Pro Android 10 update rolling out in India via MIUI 11 stable channel (Download link inside)
It is that time of the year, where OEMs are busy pushing out the latest Android update for their compatible devices. However, smartphone brands like Samsung, that have heavy skinned UI on top of Android OS, take a bit of time in pushing out updates.
Reportedly, the Redmi K20 Pro is receiving the MIUI 11 based Android 10 update in India. Note that the update has been already pushed in China. Besides, Xiaomi also rolled out the Android 10 stable update (based on MIUI 10, not 11) for the Redmi K20 Pro in India in past, which was called off.
FYI, Redmi K20 Pro was the first phone from Xiaomi that got the stable Android 10 update on the same date as that of Google Pixel family.
Talking about the current update, it carries the version number V220.127.116.11.QFKINXM and weighs in around 2.2 GB in size. So, make sure that you have a stable WiFi or a mobile data connection for downloading this update.
Note that the update brings in the latest Android 10 with MIUI 11 and also brings in some goodies like design improvements for a full-screen display, Always On Display, sounds of nature, and more.
Going by the MIUI 11 update roadmap, the K20 Pro was slated to get MIUI 11 stable in early November and this update proves it right. Below is the changelog of the update along with the screenshot of it:
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
– Always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
– Personalize your device with a unique signature
– Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the sounds of nature with our new sound of nature feature. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Tasks: Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app.
– Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies: Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo: Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– Record and track your menstruation cycle.
– Optimization: Forced close rate for 32-bit apps is lower now.
– Fix: Full screen gestures made device reboot in some cases.
– Stable MIUI based on Android 10
Not only this, the update also brings along the latest October 2019 security patch as evident from the screenshot below.
But, surprisingly one of the main features of MIUI 11, the Ultra Battery Saver mode is allegedly missing from this update. The update is being pushed via OTA in batches and will take its time to arrive on all of the devices.
However, if you wish to sideload the update manually on your device, then you can head to the below section to download the update:
- Device: Redmi K20 Pro
- Codename: raphael
- Channel: India Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QFKINXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 5e75bba584bcd21a96b266b8b50fe644
- Type: Recovery
Once you have downloaded the update from the above link, go to Settings>>About Phone>>System update>>press the MIUI version logo 10 times>> tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and select Choose update package. Locate the update package inside the ‘downloaded_rom’ folder of your internal storage and select the file to update manually.
Note – You can check out our Xiaomi section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Xiaomi smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.