[India too!] Redmi K20 Pro MIUI 11 stable update released with Android 10 (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Well well well, it is here folks! The Redmi K20 Pro software update you all have been waiting for has finally arrived beginning with folks in the home country of China, tagging along the latest MIUI 11 stable version based on Android 10 OS.
No, this time it’s for every other Redmi K20 Pro (aka Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro) user in China and not just rolling out to a limited set of beta testers like it was the case with the update to MIUI 11 last month.
The Redmi K20 Pro grabbed headlines when it received Android 10 update alongside the Google Pixels, but this was later determined to be a limited edition rollout.
Today, though, there is nothing limited about the incoming Redmi K20 Pro software update as long as you have the China ROM on board.
The update is arriving over the air as MIUI 188.8.131.52.QFKCNXM and it becomes the first from the company to pick up a stable version of MIUI 11 based on the latest Android 10 OS.
As you would expect, the changelog for this update is huge, including all that Android 10 and MIUI 11 bring to the table, as shared below.
– Stable MIUI based on Android 10
Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
– Always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
– Personalize your device with a unique signature
– Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
Sounds of nature
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Optimization: The UI of the player is more simple and intuitive now
– Optimization: Local songs and items in the favorites are arranged better now
– Fix: We improved a couple of things and fixed some bugs.
Again, the new Redmi K20 Pro software update is meant for folks in China, but those using the global/Indian variants should be able to join the party in the coming days or weeks. Going by the recent MIUI 11 update roadmap, the K20 Pro should get MIUI 11 stable in early November.
Rather than wait for the OTA to arrive on your K20 Pro – which could take several days – you can as well grab the ROM via the link below and do a manual upgrade to MIUI 11 via the recovery mode.
- Device: Redmi K20 Pro
- Codename: raphael
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.QFKCNXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: e5247b38b705f82e4ca8500d573364d6
- Type: Recovery
We will keep an eye on future Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro software updates and let you know when the global variants begin receiving the MIUI 11 stable based on Android 10. Be sure to stay tuned to our Xiaomi, Redmi, and Android 10 sections for future updates.
Update (October 30)
MIUI 11 based on Android 10 is finally available for Redmi K20 Pro in India. The update brings in a lot of new features along with October security patch. Details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.