[Stable] OnePlus 6/6T Android 10 update finally lands via Open Beta; OnePlus 7T/7T Pro getting bugfix OTA (Download links inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
OnePlus is on a roll this year with the launch of the critically acclaimed, OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone. The device is simply superb and the 90Hz refresh rate became the talk of the town after this device.
Several OEMs are now trying to bring in the 90Hz smooth refresh rate onto their devices. Taking it up a bit further, OnePlus has recently launched the OnePlus 7T and 7T pro devices.
They pack in very minute differences from their older generation devices. But indeed the company is trying to end the year on a high note. Moreover, OnePlus has rolled out the Android 10 update for its OnePlus 7 And 7 Pro while the 7T/7T Pro comes with it, out of the box.
OnePlus is one of those very few companies that pays similar attention to its older generation devices like the newer ones. And in a recent development, the OnePlus 6/6T is finally starting to receive the Android 10 update via Open Beta channel.
Note that a similar update was made available in China for the OnePlus 6/6T that brought in all the Android 10 goodies for the devices. Moreover, this Android 10 based Open Beta 1 rollout is not done all of a sudden, as we have previously reported that the company pushed in the preparatory builds for the devices
Now coming to the global rollout of the Android 10 Open Beta for OnePlus 6/6T, it was announced on the OnePlus forums and the links are now live.
Below is the official changelog for the latest update:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Matter of fact, you should keep in mind that it is beta software and will not be stable as the official OTAs. However, you can download the files from the below links and sideload it on your device:
Both the updates weigh in around 1.7 GB so, we would recommend you to download the package file via a stable WiFi or internet connection.
On the other hand, the recently launched OnePlus 7T/7T Pro is now receiving a bugfix update that brings in fixes for translation accuracy, network optimization, front camera fix, and more.
Not very long ago, OnePlus pushed an update for the OnePlus 7T that brought in some camera enhancements for the device including screen display effect, sliding effect, and more.
Not only this, but the update also adds a Cloud Service for Gallery which is exclusive for Indian users. You can check out the official changelog below:
- Optimized translation accuracy
- Optimised overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added Cloud Service for Gallery (India only)
- Optimised quality of the front camera for better pictures at night
The latest update carries the version number 10.0.4 and will be rolled out via OTA in batches. Moreover, the download links will be made available soon on our website. So, do check out more often.
Update 1 (October 21)
OnePlus has finally released Android 10 for OnePlus 6/6T via Open Beta channel. However, it may be too early to join the bandwagon due to various issues. Details here.
Update 2 (November 2)
After the Open Beta round, OnePlus is currently pushing the stable Android 10 based OxygenOS 10.0 update for both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. Take a look at this article for more info.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.