[Global release] OnePlus 6/6T Android 10 update finally goes live via Open Beta channel in China (Download links inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Unlike OnePlus 7/7 Pro, the fate of OnePlus 6/6T users is kinda fuzzy in terms of software updates. The Chinese OEM did include the latter in the public beta testing of Android 10, but they are stuck with months old Developer Preview 3 build for a while.
Besides the Open Beta updates, OnePlus also pushed a similar stable channel OTA for OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS 9.0.9) and OnePlus 6T (OxygenOS 9.0.17). The primary intention was to make the transition to Android 10 as much smooth as possible.
However, the company had to delay the update as the initial builds failed to comply with the internal quality testing standards. Matter of fact, OnePlus also paused the rollout process of stable OxygenOS 10.0 update for OnePlus 7/7 Pro due to numerous bugs.
They also published a tentative roadmap of the Android 10 OTA availability. OnePlus 6/6T is scheduled to receive public beta updates in this month, while stable OTA should arrive in November.
Carrier branded (T-Mobile in this case) OnePlus 6T might get the same treatment months later, as the particular variant received the August security patch merely days ago. Nevertheless, the Chinese units of OnePlus 6/6T are already getting the taste of Android 10 – thanks to the first Open Beta of HydrogenOS!
As you can see, the build was compiled on 5th October. OnePlus chose to deliver the update as a direct OTA over existing Pie based Open Beta software. They also published the official changelog for this build, albeit only for OnePlus 6T for now.
– Update to Android 10 version
– New UI design, light and smooth operation experience, more details, etc.
– Added location management permissions to support only when using the app
– A new personalization experience that supports icon shape changes applied to shortcut settings
Full screen gesture
– Added bottom bar to support left and right slide bar switching app experience
– New game space that automatically brings together your favorite games for a smooth game acceleration experience
– Supports display of weather, schedule, music and other information based on the scene display screen (Settings – Display – Information Display – Scene Information)
– Add SMS keyword blocking to help you avoid harassing SMS messages (Information – Intercept History – Harassment Intercept Settings – SMS Keyword Intercept)
Our readers can download the appropriate update package from the following section for manual sideloading. The OxygenOS variant should be around the corner, so I would suggest you guys to hold your breath for a while.
- HydrogenOS Open Beta (Android 10) for OnePlus 6: Download
- MD5: 6582a1aa8ce3ad8684d988031fc69eaf
- HydrogenOS Open Beta (Android 10) for OnePlus 6T: Download
- MD5: 09d7f09e4057c2af3555218d1af641f0
Update (October 19)
Finally, OnePlus has pushed the Android 10 update for international variant of OnePlus 6/6T via Open Beta. For further details and download links, see here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.