OPPO A3 ColorOS 6 (Android Pie 9.0) update goes live for early adopters
Back in March, OPPO published a list of their phones set to get the Android Pie update under the guise of ColorOS 6 skin. Google kickstarted the Android Q beta program in the same month, which hilariously exposed the fragmentation of Android updates.
Since the end of June, a bunch of phones in the aforementioned list started to receive the Pie OTA in the form of soak test builds. Initiated with OPPO R15 and R15 Dream Mirror Edition, the list quickly expanded to R17/R17 Pro, Find X and mid ranger phones like OPPO F7.
Besides the devices listed in the tentative catalogue, Indian variants of OPPO F9 (aka F9 Pro) also secured a place in the soak testing initiative. Yet another non-flagship is now getting the so-called ‘trial’ version of ColorOS 6 in China, which is none other than OPPO A3.
Looks familiar? Well, this phone was one of the foundations of the Realme 1 – the debutant model of Realme. Both phones are powered by MediaTek Helio P60 SoC, although the battery capacity is slightly different (3,400 mAh in OPPO A3 versus 3,410 mAh in Realme 1).
Moreover, A3 comes with a 16 MP rear camera sensor alongside a notch in front panel, whereas Realme 1 features a 13 MP module and no notch. Nevertheless, the latter got stable Pie update in July while OPPO A3 owners are stuck with Oreo based ColorOS 5.2 till date.
To participate in the soak testing, OPPO A3 users need to install the latest ColorOS 5.2 build (PADM00_11.A.29 or PADT00_11.A.29). Afterwards, they should opt for the early adopter option in the System update settings, as shown below:
Like the previous OPPO phones, the ColorOS 6 update brings a truckload of new features, such as improved System UI, Game Space, spam call protection, a new digital assistance called Breeno etc. The full changelog is as follows:
· Added a new visual beauty of youth, interface white with a gradual color with rhythm rhythm, borderless aesthetics more comfortable and elegant
· Added a new smart scan to rename Breeno, integrated sweep function to Breeno space, more convenient to use
· Add Breeno to find documents, scan documents, scan business cards, take photos, and take photos
· Added Breeno knowledge, support for name painting, red wine and other types of identification
· Optimized Smart Assistant changed its name to Breeno, new vision, more reasonable layout and easier use
· Added Breeno Quick View, intelligent display of travel service card combination, providing destination weather, time, exchange rate, international Internet access, travel and other service information
· Add Breeno’s quick tour, itinerary management card, remind you of the estimated time spent at the airport and station, and help you arrange your travel time reasonably.
· Add Breeno quick tour, take the initiative to inform the attention of the itinerary, prompt the timely departure, timely boarding, timely ride, etc.
·Optimized wisdom screen changed its name to Breeno screen
· Add Breeno screen, iQiyi, vibrato, fast hand and other video applications collection, free collection of richer content
· Optimized voice assistant changed its name to Breeno voice, new upgrade, visual and interactive effects are more lightweight
· Add Breeno voice, control smart home, quickly operate smart devices, and enjoy AI new life
· Optimize Breeno voice, navigation function, voice operation in one step, navigation is more efficient
· Added Breeno advice to provide valuable Breeno advice based on your current life scenario
· Add Breeno space, “Power button + volume up button” to call out, quickly start intelligent function such as screen, voice, and object recognition
· Added Game Boost 2.0, integrated Frame Boost and Touch Boost to optimize game card and improve touch response speed
· Added System Boost, compatible, and multi-underlying hardware platform for global optimization
· Added APP Boost for system-level special optimization for platform-level super applications
·Add a notification bar to store, store unimportant notices, reduce interruptions
· Added sliding gestures on both sides, sliding back on both sides is more convenient, and gesture operation is easier to use
· Add DND mode scene customization, set the DND time according to different scenes
· Optimize game space, new visual revision, avatar game console, support horizontal and vertical screen control
· Added game space status display, remaining battery playable time and network delay status prediction
·Add my game moments, store screenshots and screens in the game, and view different games independently.
·New game sound changes, a variety of voice changes, game voice experience is more interesting
· Optimize low-power mode, reduce game quality, save more power
· Add a new, modern, default wallpaper
·Add desktop drawer mode
· Add live wallpapers, more personalized options
·Add desktop icon batching
· Added remote guard function, binding family phone, guardian family safety
· Added application anti-addiction, remote view binding mobile app usage time
· Added security event notification, pay attention to the security of bound mobile phones
· Added guardian scope to view the bound phone location and set the guard range for it in real time.
· New calculator calculation process automatically displays the calculation result
·Add calendar schedule week view
·New calendar birthday, anniversary, and countdown calendar creation
·Add a sticky note to do
·New holiday alarm clock, alarm clock smart skip legal holidays
·Optimize portrait mode photo experience
· Optimize camera interaction
· Optimize album interaction
·Add a shared photo gallery to share every moment
·Add new pictures, atlas collection function, one-click collection of important pictures
· Add harassment interception blacklist start number match, block phone and SMS at the beginning of specific number
·New call flash, lock screen or screen off state will flash when there is a flash
For further information about the soak testing, head over to the actual announcement thread. Remember that the first lot only allows around 1000 volunteers to test the Pie build, so you have to apply as soon as possible.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.