One UI 3.1 update goes live for T-Mobile's locked & unlocked variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
Samsung, with its long-term update policies and frequent update delivery, has earned itself the tag of the undisputed king when it comes to software updates.
The OEM also holds a major user share in the global smartphone market spreading across various countries.
But that hasn’t hindered the smartphone giant’s performance even by an inch. The brand hustles to expand the latest version of its in-house skin to every eligible device out there.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 has been the company’s coolest innovation so far and this machine has always been among the first few to get software updates and newly launched features.
Samsung’s current aim is to upgrade its devices to One UI 3.1 up from One UI 3.0. The brand has already commenced the rollout for a few and is quickly making space to enroll more devices.
It was last month when Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 handsets on the Verizon network bagged the One UI 3.1 update. And now, it’s time for T-Mobile locked and unlocked variants to bag the One UI 3.1 update.
A user took to Reddit to share his excitement about an update that has recently popped up in his device’s update center.
Although the changelog doesn’t explicitly say anything about One UI 3.1, it’s too heavy to be a security patch. One UI 3.1 seems to be the closest guess right now.
When looked through Samsung’s official documentation for this device, it indeed appears to be the One UI 3.1 update.
– Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
– Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
– The performance of Camera has been improved
– Eye comfort shield function has been added.
– The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
– Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
– Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
– It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
– Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
– The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
– Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
– Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.
The One UI 3.1 update for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, as can be seen from the changelog, brings a lot of new additions and optimizations along.
No need to fret if you haven’t already received the One UI 3.1 update on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 devices, it should roll out to you very soon.
The rollout for other regions should also follow in the coming days. In the meantime, one can head towards our dedicated Samsung One UI 3.1 update tracker to never miss any update.
Note: We have more such stories in our dedicated Samsung Section so be sure to follow them as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.