[Apr. 28: Beta 5 released] OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) first Open Beta update goes live (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on January 5, 2021) follows:
Android 11 has been officially available since back in September 2020 and since then, we’ve seen various OEMs strive to deliver their custom Android 11 skins to eligible devices.
Other eligible OnePlus devices such as the OnePlus Nord, have been left in the dark for a while, earlier reports indicating that we’d see a November 2020 rollout of OxygenOS 11, claims that obviously didn’t materialize.
We’ve been following closely the reports of OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord and you can check out our detailed coverage of the same here.
Well, OnePlus seems to be hitting 2021 running as today, the company has announced the commencement of the Open Beta program for the OxygenOS 11 build for OnePlus Nord.
Below is the changelog.
– Update to Android 11 version
– Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
– Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience.
– Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
– Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings > Customization > Wallpaper > Canvas > Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
– Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style).
– Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
– Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
– Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
– Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
– Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
– Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Should you want to take part in this OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program for the OnePlus Nord, all you need to do is download and install the Open Beta 1 zip file on your device.
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Channel: Open Beta 1
- Android: 11
This being the initial Android 11 build, there are bound to be a few issues and OnePlus is aware of this. As such, the company is also providing rollback packages for users that would like to downgrade back to OxygenOS 10.
Below are the download links to these Stable official version rollback packages.
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Channel: Official Stable
- Android: 10
Update 1 (January 7)
This post has since been updated to include download links for the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for EU variants of the OnePlus Nord.
Are you excited for Android 11 for the OnePlus Nord with this release of OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1? Tell us in the comments section below.
Many thanks to Ashish Srivastava for the tip!
Update 2 (January 24)
(IST) 03:22 pm: The second OxygeonOS 11 open beta update is now live for the OnePlus Nord devices. Following is the complete changelog:
Optimized the UI display of Calculator
Optimized the position and animation of some icons in the lock screen
Optimized the background management of Whatsapp to receive more timely messages
Fixed the issue that the battery icon is not displayed after the device is rotated from landscape to portrait
Fixed the small probability issue where the Dirac Audio Tuner may fail to adjust the sound effect
Fixed the small probability issue that alarm clocks can not be set
Fixed the issue that Messenger Bubbles can not pop up
Fixed the issue with Histogram and horizontal reference line being turned off by default
Fixed the flashing issue with the icon of Depth effect while shooting with portrait mode
Fixed the issue that SIM 2 can not be set as the default card
Update 3 (February 4)
(IST) 04:25 pm: The OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) Open beta 3 update based on Android 11 is now up for grabs for the OnePlus Nord. The update brings about several bug-fixes for camera, ambient display & more.
Optimized UI display effects of work-life balance
Fixed the issue that the dial icons overlap on the lock screen
Fixed the issue of white space in the notification bar in Dark mode
Fixed the issue that the camera fails to start through quick gestures
Fixed the issue with video recorded by the front camera that can not be played
Fixed the small probability issue that Canvas AOD can not be activated
Fixed the small probability issue that alar clocks can not be set
- Device: OnePlus Nord
- Channel: Open Beta
- Android: 11
Update 3 (March 07)
(IST) 04:25 pm: It’s now getting confusing as to what exactly is going on in the Nord camp. Unlike the company usually does, this time after pushing the stable OxygenOS 11 update for the Nord devices, the OEM has pushed out the 4th open beta update. Here’s what the changelog states:
Fixed the issue where Work-Life Balance does not display full information in the Quick Settings
Fixed the flashback issue with the Quick Settings when enabling the Location
Fixed the small probability issue that the documents in the Lockbox may disappear
Fixed the issue that the fast charging sound is too loud
Fixed the issue with the Calculator that the UI where results are showed is displayed abnormally
Fixed the issue with the abnormal display of Calculator button size
Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
Improved system stability
Fixed the issue that the File Manager may crash when stopping the unzipping process
– OnePlus Community
Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the OnePlus Community when entering the Profile page
Update 4 (April 28)
IST 10:22 am: OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5 update to users of the OnePlus Nord. Below is the changelog.
– Fixed general bugs
– Improved the ability of detecting wireless network
– Improved the speed of Wi-Fi connection
– Fixed abnormal display issue with the screen while copying files to OTG
– Fixed the issue that the preview may display abnormally in Nightscape Tripod mode
– Fixed the issue that the Camera becomes unresponsive when setting profile photo in Contact
– Fixed the frame drops issue with the videos taken by the Camera
– Fixed the issue that the preview abnormally display 0.6x ultra-wide in 1080P 60FPS
More on that here.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.