Xiaomi Android 11 update brings new fingerprint effects, vibrations, camera UI, toasted notifications, & more to MIUI 12 devices
Since most Xiaomi devices have already received the MIUI 12 update, the OEM is now more focused towards the development of Android 11.
Xiaomi’s beta program has brought many new features to the latest custom skin but eligible devices are also being tested with Android 11.
Now, a new closed beta update version 20.11.23 is out with a bunch of new features and improvements for both, Android 11 as well as Android 10 running devices.
The latest beta update offers new fingerprint-on-display effects, fingerprint haptic feedback, volume control for all devices, toasted notifications, bold status bar, reworked quick settings and fonts on some system apps.
1. New Fingerprint-on-Display Effects (Xiaomi.eu already have this effects)
2. New Fingerprint Vibration
3. New Volume Bar for All Devices
4. New toasted notfications
5. Bold the status bar
6. Some quick settings icon reworked
7. Fixed fonts on many system app
1. New Camera UI (Android 11 already have this feature)
While the aforementioned features are limited to devices running Android 11, Android 10 running devices also get the new Camera app UI which was already available with the latest OS.
Apart from that, the update also offers multiple improvements for overall power saving and consumption which will further enhance battery life.
– Power saving optimization
– Added power consumption ranking to support viewing hardware and software power consumption separately
– Added power saving suggestions to extend battery life with one click
– New abnormal power consumption detection
– Optimized battery and performance updated to “power saving and battery”
The MIUI System Launcher has also received a new alpha update version 188.8.131.5262-11201737 with a lot of optimizations and features.
However, all these updates are currently available only for Xiaomi’s beta program members and it is unclear when these changes will hit stable channel.
So, if you want to grab the latest MIUI System Launcher alpha update, you can use the download link given below.
- MIUI Alpha Launcher Update V184.108.40.20662-11201737: Link
– Fixed occasional crashes;
– Fixed the buckling mode, quickly open and close the application, and the icon disappears;
– Added Zoom animation for Android 11 while opening or closing apps when static wallpaper installed;
– Android Q, optimize the “open application from the desktop” hand;
– Android Q, add “open application from recent task”
– Gesture to interrupt animation;
– Android Q, add “Slide the table when sliding back to the desktop “Face” gesture interrupts the animation.
NOTE: We have more such stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section so be sure to check it out.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.