[Updated] Xiaomi testing Android 11 on Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro & Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro; global Mi 8 bags stable MIUI 12 update (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on November 02, 2020) follows:
Now, some new development appears to be taking place as more devices are being tested with the Android 11 update.
Internal Android 11 testing might have started for the Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro, and Mi 9T Pro (aka Redmi K20 Pro) in China.
The information comes from the MIUI Updates Tracker Telegram channel which has proven to be a credible source.
However, the info should still be taken with a pinch of salt until the download links for the beta ROMs become available.
We will update this post once more details are available but it is safe to assume that Xiaomi might indeed be working on Android 11 for the Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro, and Mi 9T Pro (aka Redmi K20 Pro).
This is simply due to the fact that all devices in question have received only one OS update so far and are eligible to receive one more.
Apart from this, the global Mi 8 units have now received the stable MIUI 12 update and the download link for the same is also available.
So, those who want to install the latest custom skin manually on their Mi 8 can grab it from the download link given below after the changelog.
Also, be sure to check out these workarounds in case you come across any errors while installing the update manually.
– Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
– Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
– Fix: UI elements for accepting calls weren’t displayed in some cases
– Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 8
- Codename: dipper
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V220.127.116.11.QEAMIXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: e81bc73682a8ff0fd5672288e46f30ee
- Type: Recovery
Update 1 (November 18)
Xiaomi has begun rolling out the stable MIUI 12 update for the Russian variant of the Mi 8 and the beefier Mi 8 Pro. The Mi 8 is getting it as version 18.104.22.168.QEARUXM and the Mi 8 Pro gets it as version 22.214.171.124.QECRUXM.
To download the update manually for either of the two devices, you can head here.
NOTE: We have more such stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section so be sure to go through it.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.