Upcoming Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12 update to add new Control Center gestures & animations, bug fixes, & more
Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro, also known as Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro globally, has received the Android 11-based MIUI 12 update in China. While the update is only meant for Mi Pilot program members currently, it is safe to assume that the stable version might roll out in the near future.
The Poco F2 Pro global units received the MIUI 12 update back in July with all the goodies. However, the global variant has only got a taste of the vanilla Android 11 with the AOSP beta update. Now, some new development is expected on top of Android 10-based MIUI 12 itself.
The Redmi K30 Pro is getting a new MIUI 12 update in China with a bunch of improvements. The update version V220.127.116.11.QJKCNXM is based on Android 10 but includes new gestures for Control Center, new animations, and more improvements.
Xiaomi usually updates the Chinese variants of its devices first and then the global variants receive similar updates with minor changes. This means that the Poco F2 Pro might also get a MIUI 12 update with similar changes.
While this is still based on our speculation as Xiaomi has not stated anything on the matter, we choose to believe that a new Poco F2 Pro MIUI 12 update might be on the cards albeit with slight changes because of the regional regulations.
So, those who want to install the new Redmi K30 Pro MIUI 12 update manually can grab it from the download link given below. Also, be sure to go through these workarounds in case of any errors. Here’s the update changelog followed by the download link:
– Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
– Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
– Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
– Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– New: Screen lights up with an animation now
– New: Status bar color gradient animation
– Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
- Device: Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro
- Codename: lmi
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QJKCNXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: c7272d59e5f45f7b9d295b374c4aafc9
- Type: Recovery
It must be noted that this ROM is only meant for the Redmi K30 Pro and must not be flashed on the Poco F2 Pro units. Also, it is a Chinese ROM which means that it does not include any Google apps and services.
That said, we will keep tracking this story for any developments and will provide updates once more information becomes available. Meanwhile, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker if your Xiaomi device is yet to bag the latest custom skin.
Moreover, you can also go through our Xiaomi Android 11 update tracker to stay updated on the topic.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.