[Updated] Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite MIUI 12 update arrives in Europe (Download link inside)
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (from Sept. 05) follows:
The Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite launched with Android 10 alongside MIUI 11 onboard and up until recently, users had been waiting for Xiaomi to roll out MIUI 12. Fortunately, Xiaomi did release its latest skin for the device a few days ago.
But like most other software updates, the update to MIUI 12 didn’t arrive in all regions. Instead, Xiaomi released MIUI 12 for the Global variants of the Mi Note 10 Lite. The last MIUI-11 based update rolled out back in August for Global units.
While Global Mi Note 10 Lite owners have been blessed with the new software skin, users with the European variants have been left waiting. However, it seems that’s no longer going to be the case.
This is because it appears that Xiaomi has started rolling out its MIUI 12 skin for the device in Europe. The new update comes as with the software version 188.8.131.52.QFNEUXM, up from the previous MIUI 11-based version 184.108.40.206.QFNEUXM.
Of course, the new update brings a bunch of new features and improvements to the device. So if you wish to see all the new changes that MIUI 12 has brought along for the European units of the Mi Note 10 Lite, we’ve added the changelog below:
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
– Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
– Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
– Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
– Dark mode
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
– Status bar, Notification shade
– New: Screen lights up with an animation now
– New: Status bar color gradient animation
– New: A new mode for scanning documents
– New: Movie frame
The update is being rolled out to users over the air and it can take anywhere between a few hours or even a few days before it arrives on your device. Therefore, if you aren’t willing to wait to get your hands on the new skin from Xiaomi, we’ve got you covered.
You can manually download the MIUI 12 update for your Mi Note 10 Lite (European variant) via the link provided below:
- Device: Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
- Codename: toco
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: V220.127.116.11.QFNEUXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 742260ada15346f789b2de1e29a9ce90
- Type: Recovery
Note that you may see an error message appear while trying to install the update on your device. In that case, we’ve listed some of the common errors while installing MIUI 12 and their workarounds that you can check out here.
That said, the Chinese OEM is yet to release MIUI 12 several other eligible phones and in other regions. Thus, we’d suggest keeping an eye out on our dedicated tracker to know when other Xiaomi phones bag the update.
Update 1 (September 07)
IST: 11:55 am: Good news. Going by the latest reports, Mi Note 10 Lite devices have now fetched support for ARCore (Google Play services for AR).
IST 08:15 pm: Its now coming to light that the MIUI 12 update on the Mi Note 10 Lite devices did not fix the proximity sensor issue. Complete coverage here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.