[Live in Japan] Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Android 10/One UI 2.0 update rolling out in India along with March security patch
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on March 14) follows:
Another day, another Samsung Galaxy A-series device has been ticked off from the list of devices that have received Android 10 updates. As per multiple user reports, the One UI 2.0 update is now live for the Galaxy A7 (2018) handset.
Recently, other Galaxy A-series devices like the Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A8s have been served with the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update. And now, it is time for the Galaxy A7 (2018) to get a taste of it.
Earlier we have reported that the Android 10 update has arrived in Indonesia for the Galaxy A7 (2018) device but, there was no official confirmation by Samsung on this matter.
However, now it seems that it has been officially rolled out for the users. Notably, the update is hitting the units in India and along with all the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 based features, it also bumps the security patch level to the latest, March 2020.
This One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update comes with the version number CTBC and weighs in around 1.3 GB for the OTA. You can check out the complete changelog of the update below:
Here’s what’s new:
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
– New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen.
– Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
– See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One Ul automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
As already mentioned, several other users in India have also reported the reception of this new One UI 2.0 update on their Galaxy A7 (2018). Check out the screenshots below:
As always, users can grab the update by heading to Settings>>Software Update>>tap on Download and Install option.
Update 1 (March 16)
The update to Android 10 One UI 2.0 is now available for users in the UAE.
Update 2 (April 15)
The Android 10 update for the Galaxy A7 2018 is now live for devices in Turkey.
Update 3 (April 27)
The Android 10 update has made its way to the Galaxy A7 devices in the Philippines.
Update 4 (August 21)
Rakuten Mobile is now beginning to push the Android 10 update for the Samsung Galaxy A7 in Japan. This new update comes with build number BTG4 and is rolling out over the air.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.