[Manual installation available] Realme 2 Pro Realme UI (Android 10) stable update rolling out
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on June 24) follows:
Android 10 has been out officially since September 2019. Since then, many devices from various OEMs have received the update, many in the form of their respective OEM’s skinned version of Android 10.
Realme, like many other Chinese OEMs, has been at the forefront in terms of pushing out its skinned version of Android 10, Realme UI, to its list of eligible devices. Today, the company adds one more device to that list.
The Realme 2 Pro, launched back in 2018, has seen quite a bit of love from the company in terms of updates. Most recently, we saw the Realme UI Beta that brought with it a bunch of fixes and the June 2020 security patch. More on that here.
Today, the company is finally rolling out the stable build of Android 10-based Realme UI to the Realme 2 Pro with the same build number, RMX1801EX_11.F.07. This is an extensive update and the changelog is a clear demonstration of the same. Below is the update changelog.
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working
• Added whole new charging animation
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation
• Added pause feature for screen recording
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer
• Optimized system built-in ringtones
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space
• Added new live wallpapers
• Added artistic wallpapers
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window
• Added the trim feature in Recordings
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history
• Added Dual Mode Music Share in realme Lab
It is worth noting that this is a staged rollout, meaning Realme will push this update to only a few devices to begin with, before rolling it out to all Realme 2 Pro devices. To get your device ready for this Android 10-based Realme UI update, ensure that your Realme 2 Pro runs the very latest software version C.31.
This update comes right on time, if Realme’s previous communications are anything to go by. This update was scheduled for this month and in line with that, we saw Realme commence the Beta testing program sometime last month.
Update 1 (June 30)
Realme has just opened the application Channel for the stable build of Realme UI for Realme 2 Pro. More on that here.
Update 2 (July 1)
The stable update to Android 10 for the Realme 2 Pro is now live.
Update 3 (July 1)
The Realme UI update based on Android 10 for the Realme 2 Pro is now available for manual installation. Head here for more details.
NOTE: We have these and many more realme stories in our dedicated Realme section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.