Mi A2 Lite Android 10 update bugs: Animation lag, broken mic, stuck with Pie notification, unstable MTP, & more
Xiaomi’s Android One program is a mixed bag. On one side are great pieces of hardware with some cool specs and features. On the other side is a poor software experience that is often marred with cases of bugs after every update.
The Mi A1, Mi A2, and the Mi A3 have all been here following major Android OS updates. Another member of the family, the Mi A2 Lite, is no exception. Things have started heating up following the recent Android 10 update, with frustrated device owners flocking the Mi forums to air their feedback.
The bug that bricked multiple units after the first Android 10 OTA was fixed in the subsequent update. But from the latest reports, it seems the updated firmware brought along a flurry of other bugs that are frustrating Mi A2 Lite owners.
Below are some of the major Mi A2 Lite Android 10 update bugs that Xiaomi needs to address in future updates:
- Occasional laggy animations that require restarting the device after a day or two.
- Perhaps the most annoying issue is where those who installed the first Mi A2 Lite Android 10 update (build 184.108.40.206) are stuck with a notification meant for devices still on Android Pie. This means jumping to the latest build 220.127.116.11 is an issue. Well, apparently, going around this requires manually flashing the latest build, but unfortunately, the firmware (full ROM) isn’t available yet, but the OTA firmware is. Check out the download link and installation guide here. The method works without unlocking the bootloader.
- Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) is unstable. Copying and pasting files between the Mi A2 Lite and a Windows PC using a USB cable is unstable. Files start but after a while, the phone content disappears in Windows Explorer and the file transfer process stops. Quite unfortunate, but a forum moderator says this issue has been reported to the devs.
- If the microphone of your Mi A2 Lite is still not working even after the latest build 18.104.22.168, Xiaomi recommends disabling the use of the “OK Google” hotword as a temporary fix. Otherwise, wait for a software update to address the issue.
- Some Mi A2 Lite owners are reporting an issue with DND. Apparently, apps that have been allowed to vibrate the phone when DND is enabled fail to do so. From the look of things, though, it seems this isn’t a new bug.
- Some say the charging takes much longer than usual, up to 10 hours in other cases. Apparently, a factory reset should address this issue. There is also excessive battery draining after the 10 update, although attempting a factory reset may fix this issue.
- When switching back to white mode, the background inside folders remains black.
Although the bugs above are more prevalent, one device owner went further and created an even more comprehensive list of Mi A2 Lite Android 10 update bugs as shown below:
- Sometimes Google Chrome freezes, after some time it functions again
- Scrolling down the notification bar from (around) the notch doesn’t respond sometimes. You need to scroll down for the second time
- No VoLTE support
- Google music app gives notification sometimes.
- WiFi Direct looks inactive. But when GPS is turned on, it works too.
- After three days of use, the clock starts to show the wrong time, 7 minutes earlier. Restarting the phone fixes it. Also, the clock sometimes doesn’t show am/pm.
- Full-screen gestures (gesture navigation) don’t support 3rd party launchers. This is a known issue with Android 10 for all devices.
- Can’t resize the apps in split-screen vertically or horizontally
- Can’t activate the fingerprint scanner just after the screen off. It needs one second to activate the fingerprint scanner and recognize the finger after pressing the on/off button.
- Can’t remove ‘add another email account / customize your pixel’ in settings
- Can’t disable recent apps suggestions on top of app drawer in the stock launcher
- Audio enhancement is missing in sounds setting
- Screen locking sound not working
- Can’t disable Camera shutter sounds
- Sometimes I have graphical glitches
- Cellular network signal issue, not stable on 4G LTE
- Fullscreen gestures not smooth and stable enough
- Option to disable 2nd SIM card is missing
- Can’t go to menu settings on long-press screencast in the notification bar
- Can’t resize homescreen widgets to the minimum such as chrome bookmarks, digital clock
While we know that some of these bugs will be addressed in future software updates, we can’t tell which ones will be prioritized over others. Perhaps sharing your bug reports via the feedback app may help escalate things for the bug annoying you.
Also, in case you haven’t done a full factory reset after the Mi A2 Lite Android 10 update, try one. You may be surprised by the number of issues the process can fix, but be sure to back up your data first.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.