Oppo F11, F11 Pro & A9 ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update new batch for India, Indonesia, Thailand & Vietnam goes live
OPPO is really taking software updates more seriously than ever. A few years ago, OPPO devices hardly received major OS upgrades, leave alone regular security patches. But today, the Chinese vendor has multiple devices testing ColorOS 7 beta based on Android 10 OS.
That’s good stuff from OPPO and the fact that the company isn’t used to doing this on a regular basis could partly explain why it is still struggling with pushing stable ColorOS 7 updates to its devices.
Among the many ColorOS 7 beta testers are the OPPO F11, OPPO F11 Pro and OPPO A9. The trio first picked up the trial version of Android 10 in February, where the company took in 10,000 units of the F11 and 5,000 units of the A9.
Over a month down the line and many owners of these devices are looking forward to the release of the stable ColorOS 7 update. But no, OPPO has other ideas. Instead, the company is taking in the second batch of beta testers in India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
This time, a total of 25,000 units are allowed to join the program, which could as well suggest the company is increasingly becoming confident with the stability of the firmware at hand.
Dear ColorOS Superfans,
The long-awaited new batch of F11/F11 Pro/A9 ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Program finally kicks off. If you want to try the trial version, submit your application. A quota of 25,000 users in India, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam is set for this batch. So hurry up & don’t miss it.
As you can see, OPPO says you need to hurry to grab the front seat in the latest ColorOS 7 beta ship. To apply, Go to “Settings > Software Updates > tap the gear icon in the top right corner > tap “Trial Version” > fill in the required details > select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”.
Once the package arrives, you should notice the following changes:
• Your system will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 and Android 10.
• Borderless visuals bring a lighter feel and a smoother experience.
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.