[Updated] Oppo Find X ColorOS 7 (Android 10) Trial update now available for more users in India & Indonesia, Europe also gets it
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (April 4) follows:
Oppo seems to have accelerated its plan of rolling out the Android 10 updates to its eligible smartphones. Earlier, back in January, the users of the Oppo Find X got their hands on the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) trial update.
Then later, the first batch of the Android 10 trial update, which was limited to 2,000 users, was pushed for the users in India and Indonesia. The update arrived with version number F.01.
And now as per the latest tweet by the official Twitter handle of ColorOS, it seems like Oppo has extended the trial update of the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) to more number of users in India and Indonesia.
Moreover, going by the official announcement, the users of Oppo Find X in India and Indonesia, do not need to apply for this update and they can grab it just by heading to Settings>> Software Updates, and check the available new version.
As expected, the update brings all the latest and greatest features of both ColorOS 7 and Android 10 for the Oppo Find X. Here is the complete changelog of the update:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
Not only this, but after rolling out the update in Asia, it seems like the Oppo Find X users in Europe are also getting the update as well.
The update brings in all the features of ColorOS 7 along with the core features of Android 10 to the table for the Oppo Find X. The OTA arrives with version F.04 and weighs in around 3.56 GB in size.
Note that this ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update is live for the users in Italy and will be extended to more European regions gradually. If you have not got the notification for this latest update on your phone, then head over to the settings to check for it manually.
Update 1 (April 11)
The stable ColorsOS 7 update rollout schedule has been released by the company. Head here for more coverage.
Update 2 (April 13)
The stable Android 10 update for the Oppo Find X in now live. Head here for more coverage.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.