𝗪𝗲’𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗢𝗦7+ 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗶𝗱𝟭𝟬 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻!— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) February 24, 2020
Receive system update within 3 days upon successful application - Watch this tutorial to get ahead of the ‘First come, first served’ game! 🤩 pic.twitter.com/m2ioirq6tl
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on March 27) follows:
Android 10 operating system that came back in September 2019, is not a new thing now. Google is already prepping up for the release of the next iteration of Android OS, the Android 11 and has already pushed the Android 11 Developer Preview 2.
By this time, the Android 10 update should have been rolled out for the majority of the smartphones, but it is not the case. Brands like Oppo are yet to completely roll out the Android 10 update.
Though we cannot rule out the present scenario due to the Coronavirus outbreak, OEMs are trying their best to upgrade their phones to the latest security patches and operating systems.
In line with this, as per recent development, the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) early adopter recruitment has begun in India for the Oppo Reno2 F.
Notably, as per the revised roadmap, the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update test, was scheduled to take off on March 27 for the Oppo Reno2 F and it seems like Oppo has stuck with the timeline.
Now talking about the ColorOS 7 beta recruitment for the Oppo Reno2 F, the 1st batch of the beta program is limited to 2,000 users in India.
Users are also advised to be running A.14 or A.13 version of the official ColorOS on their Oppo Reno2 F to be eligible for the update. For all the complete information on how to apply for this early adopters program, you can head here.
Once you have followed the mentioned methods to enroll yourself for the early adopter’s program, then you will be eligible to receive the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update to test out the features of Android 10 on your Oppo Reno2 F.
Here is the complete list of features, this ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update will bring for the Oppo Reno2 F:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
For your reference, you can check out the video below in order to register yourself for this early adopters program:
It goes without saying that being a beta update, there will be some bugs and issues associated with this trial version update. So, make sure that you keep in mind before installing this ColorOS 7 beta update on your device.
And for those who could get themselves registered with this trial version of ColorOS 7 (Android 10), can wait for the official stable OTA update to arrive on their devices soon. So stay tuned for the development.
Update 1 (May 1)
The stable ColorOS 7 rollout for the Oppo Reno 2F will begin on May 10. Head here for more details.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.